UNIX/Linux Programming - July 2012 (Page 2)

gcc vs g++

The following code does not compile in gcc, but complies fine with g++, can anyone tell me the reason why this might happen? This is a basic program in multico...
[4 replies] Last: I get it! thanks for the responses! (by DeepBlack)
Memory leak....Maybe?

I can't seem to figure out if my program has a memory leak or not. I've run various tools to look at it and I still don't know. I'v run Valgrind on it and it...
[1 reply] : read this http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=4101.msg26894#... (by DrakeMagi)
Okay, this is technically a mac question, but ...

Do Snow Leopards come with C++ compilers? I'm on vacation and having trouble living without this language, so I tried compiling from the command line on my sist...
[3 replies] Last: For various reasons, I could see your responses, but not reply to them... (by Whovian)
V4L2 Read Fails with EINVAL

I am working on a class library that uses V4L2 to capture video from available video inputs. I've written functions to list the available devices, and I've been...
[no replies]
how to print a string in gtk+

hi i wanna print a string in window in gtk+ how i should do this?
[1 reply] : You don't "print" anything with a GUI toolkit, but you can create a te... (by Athar)
How to flush cache?

I am writing a C program in which I need to flush my memory. I would like know if there is any UNIX system command to flush memory cache. Also, it is a requirem...
[4 replies] Last: I mean the data cache All caches store data, so that's not saying mu... (by Athar)
g++ linking library

Hello, I am trying to compile a program to use mysql-connector-c++. I'm working on Mac and installed via homebrew(package utility). It linked it to /usr/local/l...
[3 replies] Last: For reference, -lGL doesn't actually mean to link against "/usr/lib/li... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
struct errors?

so i am getting these errors and i don't know why extraola.cc: In function 'void Readinfo(Playersinfo*, int&)': extraola.cc:73: error: 'struct std::ifstream...
[4 replies] Last: Just change the dot between myData and Playerinput to a comma. Agreed... (by kbw)
Which is correct time elapsed in running code

Hello, i used two methods to compute time elapsed in one of my program First is from ctime library, clock_t stop=clock(); ...Loops... clock_t start=...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, It helps trigerring time. :) (by unkn00wn)
How to execute .sh file from different directory though a c++ Program

i was trying to write a short c++ code to choose different conky's. switch(choice) { case 1: system("killall -9 conky"); system("conky -c ~/.conky_co...
[8 replies] Last: BHXSpecter, you should spend time with bash commands. I've been usi... (by BHX)
Application getting delayed write/read from Bottom

Hi all, I m having Server modules which keep full time connections with other parties. And I m maintaining a echo message to keep the connection live each c...
[13 replies] Last: Concurrent reading/writing should be fine, the TCP stack should deal w... (by kbw)
July 2012 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.