UNIX/Linux Programming - June 2012

linux kernel book

hi, i like to learn linux kernel architecture and programming. so can any one tell which book is best for linux kernel?
[4 replies] Last: From what I know, Torvalds' inspiration for Linux was Minix. http://ww... (by Catfish2)
Make paint program by c++

Hello guys I'm new here and new to c++ world I learned a lot of the book for lafore and I want to know how to make c++ paint program like one in windows where c...
[6 replies] Last: SFML is my hero. http://www.sfml-dev.org/documentation/2.0/ The prob... (by strongdrink)
Help on Homework due 6/28/12 (beginners class should be simple for you all )

Ok so I have to make a program that is "recorded in a data file with one sales record per line the class identification numbers that range from 0001-9999. here ...
[6 replies] Last: well the thing is it is a condensed coarse so she assigns homework the... (by Mikemyers13)
by alend
int to unsined int

How can I convert int to unsined int and inversely? Is it correct to cast it? int i = 0 unsigned int = (unsigned int) i
[1 reply] : Depends on how do you plan to handle negative values of the int when c... (by Cubbi)
Undefined reference to PoDoFo::...

I'm trying to do a program that will read a pdf we get from work with our schedule, and give a file in the icalendar or csv format (or some other format if my f...
[9 replies] Last: That worked! Thank you guys! Since I use qt creator which uses qmake,... (by jeypeyy)
Stat(filename, attrib) /looping problems

I am trying to write a loop that gets the modified dates from a directory of files. My problem is that it seems the call to stat(filename, attrib) is not repla...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. Such a simple error I dont think I would have ever realized i... (by Joseph Schweitzer)
Passing a value from a c++ Executable to a Script

Hope you guys can help. Im trying to make an email option for a program im writing. The program is a c++ executable in Linux (bash). I decided to write a simple...
[2 replies] Last: kbw, Thank you! That helped alot. I also had to do a little more twea... (by superman21)
by Hucaru
IO stream

I am having issues opening a file in the same directory as the command line programme in mac. When I debug in xcode it finds the data. However when I run the un...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. (by Hucaru)
c++ debugging

Hello, I'm new in c++ and in linux, I have a program that is giving me error when compiling using the g++ in linux, the command g++ -g -o test test.cpp is work...
[16 replies] Last: That's what valgrind will find. Or there's Bruce Perens' ElectricFence... (by Moschops)
Response time calculation

Hi all, I have a problem I am stumped due to the complexity. Given 4 vectors. timearrived = {0,2,4,5} // The time that a process arrives servicetime =...
[1 reply] : Hi kotsumu, Welcome to cplusplus forum. Can you post your code? Th... (by TheIdeasMan)
wind chill factor and heat index

Write a program to calculate wind chill factor or heat index.wind chill only applies when the temperature is less than or equal to 10 degree celsius.e heat inde...
[2 replies] Last: Hi kalicha, Can you post the code that you have? THeIdeasMan (by TheIdeasMan)
how to use libcurl

I want to use the libcurl library,but I can't find any tutorial.
[9 replies] Last: I'm new to c++ and libcurl too. Someone from other forum told me to lo... (by Willcox)
defining operators in abstract class

Hello All, I have a small question. I have an abstract class called Mbase and from it derived two classes: Sparse and Dense. Now I have an array in which ...
[9 replies] Last: We've gone full circle now. Yes, you can use inheritance, but you'll ... (by kbw)
by gabam
Where to download source code for C++ progrms?????

Hi friends, I hope everyone is fine and doing well. I have been doing a little bit of programming in c++ for a while. I think I am sufficiently good...
[3 replies] Last: source forge,github,and other open source code for example mongodb (by evefree2)
can I play a wav file in c++

Hello all, I am trying to find out if I can play a wav file in my program, I am using C++ in VI on SunOS. Thanks for your help
[3 replies] Last: I really hate mp3. It's such a hassle and confusing thing to figure o... (by htirwin)
Question about Makefile: Circular dependency dropped.

Hi, I had a problem about Makefile when I compile my c++ files. Please give me advice how to remove the circular dependency dropped error. thanks My makefi...
[1 reply] : I think the problem is that implicit_type_conversions has implicit_typ... (by Peter87)
C++ Connecting with website

I written c++ program for format conversion. It will take the input file and convert into another file. Now My problem is In web interface user have ...
[1 reply] : use fastcgi? (by evefree2)
by Jinu9
Is there any limitation on size of file which can be opened and processed in C++

Hello Team, I am having a 70 MB file and I am opening it and processing the files ...But I am facing issues with that , like I am getting error as mentioned ...
[3 replies] Last: U can post your source? (by evefree2)
by gomber
Undefined reference to `RooRealVar::RooRealVar(char const*, char const*, double, double, char const*)

Dear All I have a third-party library contained in the file libRooFitCore.so. The library contains, among other things, a class called RooRealVar. My code de...
[1 reply] : This is a linker error, not a compiler error. Have you checked that yo... (by SimonCPH)
Hi all.

I have a question with wscanf function. int i = 12; wchar_t num ;// = _T("123"); int key = readKey(num, 1024); if(key > 0 ) wscanf(num,_T("[%...
[2 replies] Last: What does readKey() do? (by kbw)
June 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.