UNIX/Linux Programming - June 2012 (Page 3)

g++ templates instatiation libraries

I am using gcc 4.6 on fedora. I have not been able to create an external library, composed of template function instantiations, that will link with the re...
[15 replies] Last: You need to forward declare 'f' before the main() function: #include... (by normvcr)
"Undefined Reference" error when trying to link to external library

Hello, so I'm trying to learn how to use external functions and wrote the following dummy function: #include "vertex.h" #include <iostream> using namespace s...
[2 replies] Last: So did you mean something like this: all: run run: main.o g+... (by duegogo)
[SOCKETs][C++0x Threads] New thread for each connection?

Hi, I'm quite new to C++ but I want to write a simple socket script for testing propose. It will never, but should be able to handle hundreds of client at the s...
[9 replies] Last: OK, I won't try to assign a thread to a core by myself. I'll look int... (by RenaiCompix)
no member function declaired in class

I'm getting the following error: select.cpp:4: error: no member function 'select' declared in 'Sortings<int, intintCompare>' select.cpp:7: error: no 'void...
[8 replies] Last: So I just moved all files into another directory, and that caused it t... (by celoz0828)
I can not use Wpa_supplicant control

Hello! I - am new to programming, C + +. I was given the job. Here it is: to write for Linux daemon which will run wpa_supplicant. I downloaded the documentati...
[7 replies] Last: So, I would like to continue this theme. I compiled the source code of... (by Lucky spirit)
by CBR
Pthreads - How to check file mode

Hi , I have a multithreaded prog , spwanning treads which make use of a OUT stream. With multiple threads , trying to access the OUT stream , I got a crash ,...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply :) Sync with mutex might not be possible as th... (by CBR)
get the remote port number

I have a c++ cgi script that gets called and I get the IP address of the client like so: char* remote_host = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR"); But I need to get th...
[1 reply] : Did you try Google? http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/env_var.htm (by kbw)
Confused in a simple MakeFile

I have two very similar makefiles for two similar projects, the first one works well, but i get following error message while running the second one: make: *...
[4 replies] Last: Great! Stray character!! Thanks kooth! (by Bijan13)
Xor as Encryption method

Dear friends can anyone suggest me if there are any errors or faults in using XOR as checksum . Regards
[7 replies] Last: You could use XOR but I would recommend that you use with something el... (by Owain)
Mouse Movement Looping

Hi guys, My problem seems to be a weird one, for I can't find it anywhere on the web. My problem is that I am trying to make it so the mouse loops to the op...
[6 replies] Last: Sorry about the stoopid comment (I was in nine-year-old mode.) In y... (by kooth)
GNU Make: Using % in a pattern-rule macro

Hi, I'm revising my code to make it a bit cleaner and right now I'm working on the makefile. I'm having a problem with defining a pattern rule that uses %...
[3 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10867861/gnu-make-using-in-a-patter... (by SexyBachelor)
Vim and C++ with SDL

Okay, so I've just started using Vim with C++. I'm coming from using Java with an IDE so this 'no IDE' thing is all new to me. I've figured out how to use make ...
[4 replies] Last: By instance libraries = $(addprefix -l,GL GLU glut) $(project) : $(o... (by ne555)
memory free

after exection of one file it will deallocates the memory
[2 replies] Last: i agree with you kbw :P (by sandeepdas)
by fafner
struct is wrong size

I'm trying to write stuff to a bmp-file, and I'm having trouble with the file-header. My struct looks like this: typedef struct { unsigned short bfType;...
[2 replies] Last: This is the usual thing about structure padding ( there's lots of inf... (by guestgulkan)
June 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.