UNIX/Linux Programming - June 2013

OK. Can anyone make up for MY misunderstanding?

OK. I am going to feel SOOOO stupid for asking this because I have seen this combination of symbols being used in class for both calculus and my computer scien...
[4 replies] Last: OK. I feel a bit better now. :/ Still really stupid, but better... ... (by Pkmnmster)
Need some help (now its in the right place)

OK. I posted this in the wrong place to begin with as well as phrased it wrong. I am trying to better understand the Sieve of Eratosthenes problem. It needs ...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=Nerdrage23]I am just having a TON of syntactic issues... Synt... (by TheIdeasMan)
Prime number seive help?

I saw that there has been a TON of messages regarding this on here recently and I hope that this isn't going to hit the cap on the "Sieve of E." (I can't spell ...
[6 replies] Last: Sorry for the delay. I got it figured out. Thanks. ;3 (by Pkmnmster)
Using a function (sched_getcpu) with glibc-2.5

Hello, So this software I am working with was coded using glibc 2.12, but I have to make it run with glibc-2.5. So far the only problem I have found when com...
[1 reply] : I am working with was coded using glibc 2.12 ... I need an alternate ... (by kbw)
deallocation of memory created by new

node * temp=new node; // node is a structure { int value;struct node *next; }; if(head==NULL) { temp->value=val; // importing val temp->next=NU...
[2 replies] Last: Memory leaks in a linked list almost always happen during deletion of ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by gazar
Beginning linux programming

Can you guys recommend any books or tutorials that give a good overview of the linux environment from a programmers perspective. I'd like to know how libraries ...
[7 replies] Last: Well I went ahead and installed PC-BSD. It had a few little quirks but... (by gazar)
Deallocation of memory..

linkedlist *checkname(string s) { linkedlist *temp=head; // linkedlist is a structure const char *c=s.c_str(); char *dst=new char([strl...
[4 replies] Last: Sure thing !! Thanks :) (by chaitu21191)
Calling class methods before the initialiser?

Hi all, I have been learning SFML, and have got stuck. The tutorial (http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/graphics-sprite.php) says the following: There are...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, that's done the trick. I'd be very grateful if you could perh... (by kirbyman62)
virtual memory in linux

Hi, I read virtual memory. But i have some confusion about useability of virtual memory. is virtual meory of linux system is total physical memory attac...
[5 replies] Last: Virtual memory is a means of pretending there's more RAM on the box th... (by kbw)
by Jobin
dlopen load a shared object

if i load a shared object use dlopen , where is the memory of shared object , in heap or stack , and where is the memory , if i malloc a space or declre a varia...
[3 replies] Last: but he can't tell me why i can't see new process when i use "ps aux" ... (by kbw)
by Jobin
Make C++ work on apache easlier

I create a project on github , https://github.com/panda110/cpp4a , I want make C++ develop web application easier like php , Anyone want to join ?
[5 replies] Last: Sorry , kbw , I create this project for make develop website easier (by Jobin)
valgrind-uninitialized value was created

char *nametemp = new char[count+1] count has a value 4 when i run valgrind on it, it says 'uninitialized value was created by heap allocation' ...
[2 replies] Last: Ill put the whole code here !! i am sorry, i should have done it in th... (by chaitu21191)
conio.h> no more...

So, linux doesn't have conio.h. 1. What function can I use to achieve the same results as _getch() ? 2. What function can I use to achieve the same resul...
[7 replies] Last: @DeXecipher keyQueue? (by kbw)
Add in a linked list in c doesn't work properly.

Hello, guys. I have to make a task scheduler in c in which on of his processes is a process called task_scheduler should be run in the terminal command using t...
[no replies]
KeySym and cctype

Are the functions in <cctype> guaranteed to work with values obtained from an Xlib key press event?
[no replies]
linux socket TCP control

Hi, In TCP protocol, it send the data to server and receive acknowledgement. if failed receive acknowledgement, then it will send again same data. it will t...
[11 replies] Last: Even open source has documentation: man 7 tcp describes the purpose ... (by Cubbi)
Segmentation fault ( core dumped ) on linux, could someone check for me

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <dirent.h> int main(int argc, char* argv ) { DI...
[2 replies] Last: First, Please always use code tags, edit your post, select all the cod... (by TheIdeasMan)
atomic operation on variable

Hi everyone, How can i perform atomic operation of 64 bit variable on 32 bit system? this variable can be used anywhere like thread,signal handler ...
[6 replies] Last: pre-C11 atomic operations are non-standard, so it doesn't matter what ... (by Cubbi)
Noob - Want to create basic Image resampler

Hi, I want to create a basic c++ program to re-sample bitmap/jpg images and have it run something like this in the terminal. DzImgResize [imagefile resize-s...
[1 reply] : first task is getting the file into memory. there are jpg libraries ... (by Azagaros)
How to print the shape using different characters instead of *

#include<ncurses.h> void print_right(int row,int col,int length,char ch); void print_down(int row,int col,int length,char ch); void print_left(int row,int co...
[5 replies] Last: Peter87,drew887, thanks guys i made it using printw("%c",ch); that is... (by dgcharitha)
June 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.