UNIX/Linux Programming - June 2013

OK. Can anyone make up for MY misunderstanding?

OK. I am going to feel SOOOO stupid for asking this because I have seen this combination of symbols...
[4 replies] Last: OK. I feel a bit better now. :/ Still really stupid, but better... ... (by Pkmnmster)
Need some help (now its in the right place)

OK. I posted this in the wrong place to begin with as well as phrased it wrong. I am trying to bet...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=Nerdrage23]I am just having a TON of syntactic issues... Synt... (by TheIdeasMan)
Prime number seive help?

I saw that there has been a TON of messages regarding this on here recently and I hope that this isn...
[6 replies] Last: Sorry for the delay. I got it figured out. Thanks. ;3 (by Pkmnmster)
Using a function (sched_getcpu) with glibc-2.5

Hello, So this software I am working with was coded using glibc 2.12, but I have to make it run w...
[1 reply] : I am working with was coded using glibc 2.12 ... I need an alternate ... (by kbw)
deallocation of memory created by new

node * temp=new node; // node is a structure { int value;struct node *next; }; if(head==NULL) {...
[2 replies] Last: Memory leaks in a linked list almost always happen during deletion of ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by gazar
Beginning linux programming

Can you guys recommend any books or tutorials that give a good overview of the linux environment fro...
[7 replies] Last: Well I went ahead and installed PC-BSD. It had a few little quirks but... (by gazar)
Deallocation of memory..

linkedlist *checkname(string s) { linkedlist *temp=head; // linkedlist is a structure ...
[4 replies] Last: Sure thing !! Thanks :) (by chaitu21191)
Calling class methods before the initialiser?

Hi all, I have been learning SFML, and have got stuck. The tutorial (http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutori...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, that's done the trick. I'd be very grateful if you could perh... (by kirbyman62)
virtual memory in linux

Hi, I read virtual memory. But i have some confusion about useability of virtual memory. is ...
[5 replies] Last: Virtual memory is a means of pretending there's more RAM on the box th... (by kbw)
by Jobin
dlopen load a shared object

if i load a shared object use dlopen , where is the memory of shared object , in heap or stack , and...
[3 replies] Last: but he can't tell me why i can't see new process when i use "ps aux" ... (by kbw)
by Jobin
Make C++ work on apache easlier

I create a project on github , https://github.com/panda110/cpp4a , I want make C++ develop web appli...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry , kbw , I create this project for make develop website easier (by Jobin)
valgrind-uninitialized value was created

char *nametemp = new char[count+1] count has a value 4 when i run valgrind on it, it says 'un...
[2 replies] Last: Ill put the whole code here !! i am sorry, i should have done it in th... (by chaitu21191)
conio.h> no more...

So, linux doesn't have conio.h. 1. What function can I use to achieve the same results as _getch...
[7 replies] Last: @DeXecipher keyQueue? (by kbw)
Add in a linked list in c doesn't work properly.

Hello, guys. I have to make a task scheduler in c in which on of his processes is a process called ...
[no replies]
KeySym and cctype

Are the functions in <cctype> guaranteed to work with values obtained from an Xlib key press event?
[no replies]
linux socket TCP control

Hi, In TCP protocol, it send the data to server and receive acknowledgement. if failed receive a...
[11 replies] Last: Even open source has documentation: man 7 tcp describes the purpose ... (by Cubbi)
Segmentation fault ( core dumped ) on linux, could someone check for me

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib...
[2 replies] Last: First, Please always use code tags, edit your post, select all the cod... (by TheIdeasMan)
atomic operation on variable

Hi everyone, How can i perform atomic operation of 64 bit variable on 32 bit system? th...
[6 replies] Last: pre-C11 atomic operations are non-standard, so it doesn't matter what ... (by Cubbi)
Noob - Want to create basic Image resampler

Hi, I want to create a basic c++ program to re-sample bitmap/jpg images and have it run something li...
[1 reply] : first task is getting the file into memory. there are jpg libraries ... (by Azagaros)
How to print the shape using different characters instead of *

#include<ncurses.h> void print_right(int row,int col,int length,char ch); void print_down(int row,...
[5 replies] Last: Peter87,drew887, thanks guys i made it using printw("%c",ch); that is... (by dgcharitha)
June 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.