UNIX/Linux Programming - June 2013 (Page 2)

by atze
Segfault in second call to getopt_long

Hi there, i try to develop an application using googletest as a testing framework. To parse the programs arguments i use getopt_long from libc. The first ...
[2 replies] Last: Unrelated //CMDOptions *testObj1 = new CMDOptions(3, args); CMDOption... (by ne555)
Floating point exception (core dumped)

#include<iostream> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; void inputData(int data ,int rowSize,int colSize); float dialogSum(int data ,int row,int col);...
[3 replies] Last: thanks guys for help (by dgcharitha)
CORBA VMS writing method problem

I´m learning to write a Management of digital media with CORBA. I don´t know how to implement the Method VMSgetMediaAvailable () raises (ServerException). ...
[no replies]
multi threading

Hi. I'm working on c++ for a year. I wanna know if it is possible in c++ to run two (or more) function in a same time. For example one function prints number i...
[16 replies] Last: Not if you do it with gdi. And I think for DirectX and Opengl they cr... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
threads stack in linux c

Hi, I have following doubts about stack. 1. i am able to change stack using pthread_attr_setstacksize. when i try to set 1Gbyte stack size, then it is g...
[6 replies] Last: In 64 bit systems we can increase the datasegments and achieve more si... (by Steep)
system function return value

Hi, system function returns int type in linux c. example: int ret; ret=system("./fxn"); system will get the return value of fxn, but it is...
[1 reply] : Shifting 8 bits to the right is not the documented way to obtain the r... (by Cubbi)
by ann13
How to install a C++ compiler in Debian GNU/Linux?

I am new to Linux and just installed Debian; however, I'm really confused with how to install a C++ compiler? Also, I did some research and found codes to use i...
[9 replies] Last: http://wiki.debian.org/Synaptic (by ne555)
Searching for files that its filename matches a wildcard strings in a directory

Greetings,I am writting a program that simulate cp command in linux. Here's the part code I have so far: int main( int argc, char *argv ) { if (argc != ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the tips. Appreciate it! (by Weijye Wang)
primitive shell that knows how to launch new programs in the foreground and the background

Hi, i want to write a shell that is structured as the following loop: 1. Print out a prompt (e.g., "CSCI212Shell$ "); 2. Read a line from the user; 3. Pars...
[no replies]
chess game!

Hello , I am a beginner in C++ and to understand better what is all about and how everything works I decided to create a game of chess. I know is a very b...
[3 replies] Last: I would love to make you a demo, but I have my hands full helping othe... (by Mitch)
String to int

I have an integer value in a string str I want to convert that into int and store it in a variable x . When I am using int x=atoi(str) It is saying cann...
[7 replies] Last: And to convert a number to a string use: string numToStr(int n) { ... (by Catfish4)
Unix file system classes?

Hi all; I've been looking around for a simple unix file system wrapper. It would have some kind of file object maybe with file name, bytes, and mod date. I...
[1 reply] : http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/libs/filesystem/doc/index.htm (by kbw)
3 interview questions

Can anybody help please? Can't find good answers in the web. 1) When would you want select() to timeout? When would you want select() to block indefinit...
[5 replies] Last: Yeah, let's stop it here :-) (by MagicTree)
by jeroen
login causing udp sento() calls to block

hello, we have an application that MUST send an udp packet every 10ms. so we use a realtime kernel patch and a high prio thread. all well until someone tries...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the update. (by kbw)
unordered_map print iterator

// unordered_map::find #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <unordered_map> using namespace std; int main () { std::unordered_map<std::string,doub...
[1 reply] : why cant i print what are the contents store inside got got is an ite... (by kbw)
by Jonzky
Dynamically getting a process modules and addresses in OsX

Firstly, sorry if this thread is in the wrong sub-forum (let me know and I'll try to move it). For the last week or so I've been looking into ways to try to ...
[no replies]
error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of

top of the day all please I have some errors on this that I am having issues to solve. thanks for the time /drop-tail.h:63:48: error: ISO C++ forbids dec...
[12 replies] Last: Yes, the first semicolon should be removed. (by LB)
by LB
Linker running out of memory

I'm building LLVM & clang, and right now I'm running into "ld returned 5 exit status", meaning that it runs out of memory. Does anyone know if I can somehow red...
[5 replies] Last: It is in the *nix section because I am using *nix software, it's more ... (by LB)
Segmentation Fault(core dump)

M just a beginner ! The topic name is my issue at runtime !! here is the code ! its a linked list by the way.. #include<iostream> using namespace std; ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. Can you please help me how do i do that ?? (by chaitu21191)
use C library and source code with in c++ in eclipse

I have a c library which by compiling it.It will produce a .so library which will be use in other c project with one of the header file(x.h) which is used to a...
[no replies]
June 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.