UNIX/Linux Programming - June 2014

C++ and IDE

Once I use an IDE to compile my C++ code, this IDE seems know everything of my code: I could find the most original definition of any element in my code, no m...
[1 reply] : It parses your code and all the code included by your stuff; it does p... (by kbw)
by vijkrr
Linking to a so

Hi all, currently I'm facing a issue in linking a .so file. In my build machine, I've libcrypto.so.6 and there is a softlink as libcrypto.so. In my make file...
[8 replies] Last: May you should use command "ldconfig" to clear caches of libraries (by SongJong)
mipsel-unknown-elf-gcc

where i find mipsel-unknown-elf-gcc ?
[2 replies] Last: You could try building gcc from sources if you are targeting MIPS arch... (by modoran)
So this makes no sense / Official Proof C++ is broken?

First of all, this is done in netbeans on a virtual lunix 32 bit machine. Here are the two functions I have written... Here is the working version of my func...
[4 replies] Last: My guess is that you are passing an invalid path name and lstat is fai... (by dhayden)
by farai
libserial, handle serial port data

I am using libserial library to interact with a modem using c++. The C++ code sends an AT command: my_serial_stream << "AT+CSQ" << '\r' ; The modem responds...
[no replies]
Serial USB Adapeter access through gcc/g++

Hello, for the program that I am developing I am using a USB Serial adapter since my machine does not come with one. My computer detects it and it listed in the...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much, looking through the header i figured out how to a... (by DerGeek)
Compile Errors with Wallet Creation

Hello to all of the dedicated C++ programmers out there. I am really new to C++, but I decided to use a comprehensive guide to make an alternate cryptocurrency....
[no replies]
Accessing Label of storyboard in Other File

Hello. I hope this is the proper place to go within kind of question. I am using Xcode 5 and am having a small access problem. I have my label, created as a var...
[1 reply] : OK so now I have made the labels properties of ViewController. They ar... (by JasperBraun)
Cross compiling from Linux to Mac?

How do I cross compile from Linux to Mac OS X Now I DO have a Mac, but I use Linux for programming. I would like it if it used Code::Blocks or Geany, But term...
[1 reply] : Do you really need to cross compile? You have access most Linux tools... (by kbw)
Linux/Unix beginner question

Hello everyone. I am supposed to use Ubuntu for my university curriculum and c++. Sometimes I need to donwload Ubuntu programs and only use terminals..I dont kn...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks everyone (by csstudent123)
by JPX
Code::Blocks "build options" grayed out

OS: Ubuntu 14.0.4 IDE version: 13.12 Compiler: GCC I'm having trouble getting Allegro 5 set up under Code::Blocks. The instructions I'm running tell me that ...
[2 replies] Last: That worked! Thanks a million! (by JPX)
if else and if combination in bison

if and if else conflicts in my Bison code. I have given here my sample code. %token <lbls> IF /* For backpatching labels*/ %token THEN ELSE FI ...
[8 replies] Last: I searched in some sites. It gives me the result that the problem is ... (by Heartly R)
Passing signals between parent and child processes crashing after 2 outputs

I am trying to use signals to pass between a parent and child process, but after the first 2 statements are printed (for example in mine it shows CHILD 0: Runni...
[no replies]
by btrfly
Please help me compiling code

I am new to c++ . I am from php background I have 3 files main.cpp game.hpp and game.cpp(class file) all in same directory //main.cpp code #include "g...
[11 replies] Last: You are welcome @btrfly, sorry for the late reply, If you are using U... (by eyenrique)
by atac57
Linker problems when building boost::filesystem example

I'm trying to test out the example on the tutorial page: #include <iostream> #include <boost/filesystem.hpp> using namespace boost::filesystem; int mai...
[1 reply] : Figured it out, when compiling do g++ test.cpp -lboost_system -lboos... (by atac57)
by greer
Code runs on the cmd line but crashes in gdb

Hi, Please excuse cross posting but I'm not sure if this is a beginner question or a linux question so I posted in both. I have a C++ program that calls a...
[2 replies] Last: How come the code can execute on the command line, but terminates in ... (by vaportrack)
by rossig
Copy an array to a vector, it doesn't work in all cases.

Hi everyone, I have the following functions and they're applied in the following manner: int GetUsers(XnUsersID users ) { getAllUsers(users,....) } ...
[5 replies] Last: Its just data dude. If its a bunch of char then it a bunch of chars. I... (by vaportrack)
Emulate / Be USB HID Device

Hello, i have installed Ubuntu and now i want to use a male to male usb cable and connect 2 PCs. on PC 1 (my Ubuntu Machine) runs a c++ program (the progra...
[2 replies] Last: I'm with Little Bobby Tables , both PCs will have USB host hardware... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
fixing compiler warnings

Hi all , How can we fix the Wsuggest-attribute=noreturn warning ? Thank you chathura
[1 reply] : https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.5/gcc/Function-Attributes.html ... (by helios)
Win OK Mint fails

This code compiles and runs fine with MinGWTDM-32 on Win 7 But fails on Linux Mint (32bit) with g++ 4.8.2 compiled with g++ -Wall -c "test.cpp" James ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes it is an MS thingy and I should have known but the old brain cells... (by jcfuller)
June 2014 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.