UNIX/Linux Programming - June 2016

having trouble reading and writing from and to a fifo seamlessly

Im aware that the fifo is being read and so cant be written to however I cant work out where or how, I get a bad file descriptor error, in the case of this code...
[no replies]
Linux executables and so files?

So, I'm totally self-taught with basically everything computers. I've switched from Windows to Linux less than a year ago and I'm in love with it. Now, I'm havi...
[8 replies] Last: Awesome, awesome, awesome. I didn't test in the code that I posted, bu... (by RealGiganitris)
Cant use void in c4droid android app.

Hi, I am using c4droid android app to compile. But, when I use void main() it shows me an error "main() must return int" Please help me out. As ...
[2 replies] Last: void main() is not standard and is thus not supported by default by th... (by rabster)
Detect what words contain in the RECV

Hi, I am doing a chat Server + Client, when client reply "You are beautiful", server will detect the word "Beautiful", and then server will reply "Thanks Yo...
[7 replies] Last: didn't knew that... thanks BTW can't we just load the library? (by shadder)
What is the difference between Linux and UNIX operating systems?

Hiiiii, What is the difference between Linux and UNIX operating systems?
[2 replies] Last: Hi, http://www.diffen.com/difference/Linux_vs_Unix In a nutshell UNI... (by shadder)
Questions about makefile

I looked some makefiles wrote by others. There are some questions about arguments. 1. Sometimes I saw -I. is used. As I know -I is used to include a path which...
[2 replies] Last: The only difference between using an -l option and specifying a file ... (by buddha87)
Socket client, can I use any source IPs?

When we create a socket for client side, we still can use bind to bind a IP address with client socket. Based on my understanding, if I have mutiple NICs in ...
[no replies]
FRESH Beginer, Learning to use a '.h' '.cpp'

#include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; class Vector{ private: vector<int> * myvect = NULL; // declaring private pointer; ...
[2 replies] Last: your .h file would look like this #ifndef VECTOR_H #define VECTOR... (by MCCodo)
Restarting a game in OpenGL?

I am working on a project for my c++ class, and we are asked to do some extra work on our moon lander clone. I would like to add an option to restart, or reset,...
[5 replies] Last: There are quite a few ways to do that, this is a simple enough operati... (by newbieg)
by ushas
cannot understand pthread condition variables

Hi everybody, I'm trying to understand pthread condition variables. For doing so, I wrote a very basic program but, no matter how many manuals and explanations ...
[no replies]
by Euler
Passing in Array output into Main from different files

My problem: I need to create an array of 4,294,967,296 entries (max un-signed int) based off of file content and have many many other files run off of thi...
[2 replies] Last: Code: Hello #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { fo... (by newbieg)
  Archived months: [may2016] [jul2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.