UNIX/Linux Programming - March 2013

linux: can,t open /dev/dsp

hello i am getting an error while running the festival in my system as "linux: can,t open /dev/dsp" i was googling for this error in internet ...
[1 reply] : It most likely has to do with permissions on the file. Typically only ... (by ostar2)
X11 error debuging

Hello everyone, I have trouble with debugging X11 Server Errors for example: X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8 Major opcode: 2 (X_Cha...
[no replies]
exit(1) not working on unix

Hello! So I am trying to use exit(1) but every time I compile it through g++ I get an error that exit(1) "wasn't declared in the scope". Help me understand w...
[5 replies] Last: Ah, yeah. In MSVC they're not even in the std namespace despite having... (by LB)
Read a CSV File from a Flash drive (Using C++, Ubuntu 12.04)

I want to read a file from my flash drive called text.csv. However, I cannot even open the port where my flash drive is connected. This is the code that I am us...
[2 replies] Last: "/dev/sda/", "/dev/sdb" and so on are raw devices. They never denote a... (by tcs)
by reb110
Getting the following errors in my program

/var/tmp//ccI1DooE.o(.text+0x102): In function `main': : undefined reference to `copy_argv' /var/tmp//ccI1DooE.o(.text+0x144): In function `main': : undefine...
[1 reply] : You didn't link against a library containing the reported missing symb... (by tcs)
Click listener

Hello, I would like advice on how to modify this code, so that the resulting program counted pressing the mouse on the background . When I run the program, the...
[no replies]
Serial file transfer protocol

Hello ppl, I'm working on a windows program simulating an existing Unix program, the program is a firmware downloader, it sends a binary firmware file through...
[no replies]
Best Compression technique

Hi all, I am working on a sample backup code, where i read the files per 7200 bytes and send it to server. Before sending to server, i compress each 7200 byt...
[3 replies] Last: Why do you need to compress the data you are sending to the server? H... (by ajh32)
how does the loop works

especially the the loop part void encode (char *cat) { char orig = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"; char cipher = "bpduhijkaltxwmrzfoysvngeqc"; char *copy; ...
[1 reply] : What exactly you want to understand? is there some problem with the co... (by writetonsharma)
Why address of an object is 6 bytes?

Hello, A simple code: int i12 = 1001; cout << i12 << " " << &i12 << endl; result: 0x7fff0d065098 It's 6 bytes, but my machine is 64 b...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you for all responses, I am going to close this. (by vincegata)
handle multipleclient Server using fork

Hello, I have a course that is Operational Systems.. My lecturer doesnt explain so much and after He say, You must solve this problem, because u r a programmer....
[1 reply] : Sorry, but I didn't really understand your question. But after a short... (by tcs)
Error with compiling program with fuctions.

i am writing a code, but i am having some problems with a fuction. this is the fuction: void printWattsGenerated( double watts ) { if( watts < 100...
[8 replies] Last: It just compiled. thanks for all the help (by miamidawgs)
Get information about system?

Hi, I need get information about operation system, how memory, cpu and disk. But, I don't find any lib that to do it. So, I cretate a simple program to ex...
[2 replies] Last: /proc is where that stuff is (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Q-Guidance Algorithm

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. Does anyone know of a way to implement the Q-guidance algorithm in C++? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q-guidance I...
[no replies]
Soduku code

try12.cpp: In function âvoid interact(Board&)â: try12.cpp:211: error: ânewBoardâ was not declared in this scope try12.cpp: In function âvoid displayBoard...
[1 reply] : ¿do you know what `newBoard' is? the compiler does not. Also, ¿â? (by ne555)
Need help with some time freeze kind of problem

Hello! I was writing a basic program and was wondering about this problem when i give exit(0); the compiler exits as soon as that part of code is reached. Is...
[2 replies] Last: sleep (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Problem in C (1,2)

when I put #include<stdio> as header file in my program then it show error that there is no such file exist Can any one fix this problem ???
[21 replies] Last: If you are still experiencing errors when you compile. Go to the termi... (by Smac89)
How to make program run by command on terminal

Hi. I try to write a program that take a file name as an argument, and return the number of lines. Command should like: count filename.txt, just like g++ filen...
[5 replies] Last: What's so bad with ./ ? :-O (by closed account D4S8vCM9)
by Walley
having problem while copieing function returned char array to a char array using strcpy

char *getIcType(Ic ic){ static char icType ; switch(ic.type){ //some code } return(icType); } In main { char icType ; //som...
[no replies]
2 dimensional arrays

I am making a primitive terrain manager program using a 2 dimensional array. Im stuck on these parts of the program. Any help would be appreciated Thank you! ...
[1 reply] : Sounds like you need to write a class that will handle your plot of la... (by ajh32)
March 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.