UNIX/Linux Programming - March 2013 (Page 2)

by dcman
write to .csv files??

I am attempting to output with fprintf within C++ in Xcode on Mac for the purposes of Physics project. Previously I have used Turbo C++ on a PC and had no issue...
[2 replies] Last: As kbw says: Please describe the error more precisely. Your program... (by tcs)
by esolve
segmentation fault on memcpy

the full code is in http://docs.google.com/file/d/0B09y_TWqTtwlaHNjdjYybHVIcjA/edit?usp=sharing char data ="just for a try"; u_char *p...
[2 replies] Last: Make sure 28+sizeof(data) is bigger than 8+sizeof(udp) ... (by S G H)
need help with strange cout behaviour

Hi guys, i was writing a c++ program to call another program and i ran into this problem volatile int j=1; for(i;i<argc;i++) { std::cout...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the answer using std::flush worked. std::ifstream out o... (by tejashs)
Using threads to output user input string

Hi, I am trying to have the user input a sentence and print it back to the user in the same order. But I have to use two threads, one that prints constants and ...
[9 replies] Last: #include <pthread.h> #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <... (by Smac89)
/usr/local/inclue/SFML permission dined

Hello everyone. In a project using SFML, I am trying to compile my team-mate part through make. All is runing fine on his ubuntu, but all goes wrong on my debi...
[2 replies] Last: You shouldn't use that directory anyway if you do not have/want root a... (by modoran)
super confused on this one area of my class

in this program i have a class set up to gather a craigslist style post from a user and save all the information to different arrays within the class (which is ...
[2 replies] Last: Can you give us the errors? (by thePHPdev)
by Ensei
Keeping input before CTRL-C interrupts

#include <stdio.h> #include <signal.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <string.h> #include <fcntl.h> void IN...
[1 reply] : Line 26: Use the comparison operator '==' instead of the assignment op... (by tcs)
by esolve
how to get the tcp header of a received packet in socket programming?

I want to get the TCP header of each received TCP packet (destined for a specific program,namely, a port) it seems not possible to use recv() or recvfrom() to ...
[1 reply] : The sockets library's purpose is to hide all that stuff from you. You... (by kbw)
Gcc

I have been told that certain linux distros come with the complete Gnu compiler collection. does mint have this
[3 replies] Last: gcc --version at the prompt. According to distrowatch Mint has versio... (by mariostg)
change root to user

hi everyone, let me ask you one question. I am using ubuntu 11.10. I wanna change root to user. ls -l It showed -rwxr-xr-x root root socket.o ...
[11 replies] Last: well.... even if I admit it is a sort of an off-topic here, I think it... (by Nobun)
by endrju
Problem with camshift on the raspberry

Hi everybody, I would like to track an object without a display, because I dont have it. I use a OpenCv library on the PI, but I have a problem with changing a...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/40071/#msg218019 (by ne555)
by esolve
how to make a workable TCP SYN packet with raw socket

I have a simple TCP server program, just create two processes, one process is listening and the other process is for connecting. If I run a simple client prog...
[no replies]
C++ Fibonacci Secuence using threads

Hi, I am looking ofr pointers to correct the following errors in a C++ program to generate user specified number of values of the Fibonacci sequence and I have ...
[1 reply] : Line 9: Prototype doesn't match those of line 49. Line 49 is correct a... (by tcs)
Hello everyone

Newcomer Here! Just want to say hello to all!
[3 replies] Last: Hi! Linux programmers are always welcome :-D (by closed account D4S8vCM9)
Seeking help with execv() or variant.

I can't figure out why my calls to execv() are failing in my child processes. I can hard code a C-string literal in place of my variable arguments and it works...
[10 replies] Last: I think you've edited your test case file on MS-Windows and your test ... (by tcs)
Connecting c++ using mysql

Hi all I'm creating application which user input has to be inserted into mysql table through variables So i'm just providing that instance of code ....so j...
[no replies]
by mrpeed
Will this program succeed in forking 10 times?

timeToFork = 10; for(int i = 0; i < timesToFork; ++i) { pid = fork(); if(pid == -1) { perror("Failed to fork."); exit(); } } After 10 times will I...
[1 reply] : Duplicated thread http://cplusplus.com/forum/general/95160/ (by ne555)
link error undefined reference to vector<String>

I have compiled the dependent files of my source file mycpp.c and linked the files in the order which they have used .All the dependant files are available in t...
[3 replies] Last: > Be sure not to include the header file in your implementation file. ... (by ne555)
GCC source/object timestamp switch

Is there a switch to pass to GCC so it doesn't re-compile my code if the object file is newer than the source file? This is getting quite annoying.
[5 replies] Last: If you really have no build system (make, ...) you may write a shell s... (by tcs)
by aminaa
proc

I would know how write a function that chows the state of a processus;its argument is PID of a processus thank you!!
[5 replies] Last: You described reasonably well what to do. So I don't really understand... (by tcs)
March 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.