UNIX/Linux Programming - March 2016

catch segmentation fault

I created TCP server which is up and running and loading the dynamic library and using it 1.if dynamic library cause segmentation fault it is crashing my serv...
[2 replies] Last: if dynamic library cause segmentation fault it is crashing my server ... (by kbw)
pthread is causing my program to ignore signals

I'm working on a program that is causing an alignment exception when I try to use std::thread. After switching to pthread, I also realized that when the thread...
[2 replies] Last: The mistake was actually that I was using the wrong pin diagram. Appa... (by GRex2595)
Makefiles and folder structure

I'm having some trouble with my makefile rules. I'm sure that I can make it much simpler than it is but I'm not sure how. My folder structure looks like this...
[no replies]
Walking through heap ( C garbage collection )

Hello. This is my homework for Computer Systems class. So, don't give me the answers but rather hint at possible solutions or highlight my mistakes please. I k...
[1 reply] : 1 way. meta-data in block 10000 should contain meta-data that it is th... (by Konstantin2)
Shell Programming

Hello, How can I do user input in my following shell command? right now it is working for any fixed value; however, if I want to input value (filename), it i...
[2 replies] Last: cout << "Enter filename and newfilename" << endl; std::string filenam... (by drowsysaturn)
expected out put is not coming

#include <stdio.h> int a =1 int a; int main() { printf("%d\n",a); // expected 0 but o/p is 1 why ? return 0; } 1
[6 replies] Last: tentative definitions are also covered on cppreference here: http://en... (by Cubbi)
by zxc
I need A help !

#include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #define MAX LINE 80 /* The maximum length command */ int main(void) { char *args[MAX LINE/2 + 1]; /* command line ar...
[no replies]
TCP Server Send List of Files in Directory to Client

I am writing a simple TCP-based iterative server program in which the server accepts a connection from the client and then sends a list of files in it's default...
[1 reply] : How does a server program access this list of files just like any o... (by Cubbi)
Cross compilation for windows

Hi guys can anybody tell how to cross compile my hello.c/hello.cpp to windows using linux . I google all possible ways every one is telling to use mingw . but...
[5 replies] Last: https://blog.mithis.net/archives/tp/95-xcompiling-cygwin-on-linux-for-... (by Moschops)
Dynamic Cursor Shifting and Outputing

I am attempting to write a length of code to disply several playing cards side by side AFTER the previous one has already been output. This is using a combinati...
[2 replies] Last: I would gladly attempt to learn that library if someone could point me... (by Rijento)
by alexBB
Please explain a statement

I need to understand how a statement works. You can find it at this website: http://www.librow.com/articles/article-10 It is Librow FFT. Here is this code...
[3 replies] Last: It doesn't have to be a const. (by Moschops)
by kind9
Why doesn't g++ use the latest standard by default?

The latest standard is c++14, so why doesn't g++ enable it by default? Is there a reason to not have this enabled in new projects?
[4 replies] Last: It looks like g++ version 6 (should be out in a couple of months) will... (by jlb)
Compilation fails with "error: 'uint32_t' does not name a type"

Hi, I have a huge program, which uses the boost library as well as the standard c++ libraries, while I compile I get the error, "error: 'uint32_t' does not n...
[2 replies] Last: Include the C++ header <cstdint> and explicitly write out the namespac... (by Peter87)
by TomT
text is visible in compiled script

Hi I only started looking at c++ yesterday.. I've written a simple script that downloads files from different URL's and writes them to the correct locati...
[19 replies] Last: Thanks for the advise on this query. I've used: http://create.stephan... (by TomT)
How do I get the current battery level?

What I'd like to do is just develop a little program that outputs the battery level as a percentage, but I can't find a way to do this without invoking the shel...
[3 replies] Last: OK, error 29 means "illegal seek", meaning seek operations on pipes ar... (by moonman239)
How to create a Input Data Template in C++

Hello everyone, I'm planning to put in place a DataBase programmming where Data will be stored in a Excelsheet but, my probleme for now is to know how to...
[3 replies] Last: You can work with CSV files or some other text format that Excel recog... (by kbw)
classes program

Hi All, I'm writing my first program with classes, and I'm having a hard time. I'm a bit shaky with functions, and this is probably where a lot of my problem...
[2 replies] Last: By defining a class you just defining a plan or blueprint for new data... (by Calcushtag)
opencv and X11 support

Hello, I wrote an image processing tool based on opencv/C++ which runs on iMac. I would like to access the program remotely from a ubuntu machine and I am ha...
[no replies]
Programming help

u
[9 replies] Last: I see a couple problems. You're using your variables charge, hour, and... (by kind9)
  Archived months: [feb2016] [apr2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.