UNIX/Linux Programming - March 2018

Where to start and what to play with?

Very new to programming ,just finished programming one (C++) two weeks ago and now just started programming two (C++) this week at my local community college. T...
[6 replies] Last: check out some of the stuff I put up that uses vt100 graphics and make... (by zaphraud)
vmware tools

This question is in regard to a Linux guest Ubuntu installation with a VMware player. Can the VMTools be accessed by me for "use" or do they quietly work in...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by technologist)
toolchain change

I followed this (CLOSED THREAD)advice about my Eclipse IDE throwing this error in Linux: make all Cannot run program "make": Unknown reason Error: Progra...
[1 reply] : Re:-->(CLOSED THREAD) Hope that didn't throw anybody off. By that I... (by technologist)
by Cos8o
linux.h help?

Hi, i use windows.h to make my hack for a quite famous game. This game is available on linux too, so i want to port my hacks on linux. The problem is, visual st...
[4 replies] Last: Oh ok, thanks all. (by Cos8o)
what to do with the copy to the LIB file request

I have a linux project with a number of files and instructions. Its all pretty explanatory except: ->Copy libArduCamLib.so libusb-1.0.so to /lib folder In Lin...
[2 replies] Last: Do they have /usr/local/lib too? (At least on some distros the /usr... (by keskiverto)
developing c++ on linux versus linux VM

I have a big picture question I would like to ask: what is an advantage of choosing Visual Studio 2017 C++ programming on Linux versus programming Eclipse c++ o...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the pointers. No pun intended. It looks like I will hav... (by technologist)
Help me set up cygwin for OpenGL under Windows 10

It's been 15 years since I've set up a cygwin from scratch. A lot has changed... Im trying to get code located at http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/23298...
[no replies]
how to run executable in Linux seperate from IDE

Hi, Newbie to Linux but getting comfortable with it. For kicks I experimented with creating a linux "executable" with Eclipse Oxygen on vmware Ubuntu virtual m...
[10 replies] Last: Might consider adding the current directory to $PATH. This is safer ... (by mbozzi)
by AcarX
wincrypt.h equivalent on linux

HCRYPTPROV ctx; HCRYPTHASH hash; HCRYPTKEY key; char data = "Some data"; DWORD len = strlen(data); CryptAcquireContext(&ctx, 0, "Microsoft Base Cryptographi...
[1 reply] : Important This API is deprecated. New and existing software should... (by kbw)
std::string build issues across gcc 5.0 boundary

In moving to the 5.0 versions of the gcc compiler/linker, there were C++11-standard driven changes to string libraries which forbid Copy-On-Write strings and re...
[9 replies] Last: Just thought I'd update my somewhat oddly-created thread with some new... (by CPPAWhile)
Using shared Librarys under Rasbian/Debian

Hey everyone. I got an raspberry pi and enthusiasm in crypto trading. So i want to use the BINANCE API provided here: https://github.com/tensaix2j/binacpp to...
[1 reply] : What error do you get? (by kbw)
cant get above i686 in Linux VM

Hi, New to Linux programming. Successfully connected my windows host to my Ubuntu 16.04 guest iso using VMPlayer. Problem is -name -i and lscpu commands with...
[10 replies] Last: So you're saying VirtualBox did not emulate x86-64 without VT-x? Huh, ... (by helios)
unknown option 'zone'

I received these errors when running the command "sudo named-checkconf" /etc/bind/named.conf.local:4: unknown option 'zone' /etc/bind/named.conf.local:10: unk...
[2 replies] Last: Or programming? Or UNIX/Linux? Try: https://www.isc.org/downloads/bin... (by keskiverto)
Using threads; working, but would like input

This program works fine, but I am new to C++ (dabbled 5yrs+ ago), and would like some input. This program gathers data and then passes it off to 'xsetroot' ...
[3 replies] Last: There is still no need to call thread::detach (ever), but it's not the... (by Cubbi)
  Archived months: [feb2018] [apr2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.