UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2012

String calculator

Are there any opensource c++ string calculators available for Linux? I know it is easy, but I do not wish to build one myself. I'd like a string calculator whic...
[1 reply] : http://linux.die.net/man/1/bc (by kbw)
Looking for JPEG library

Hello Im looking for an open source jpeg library to include to my project.The least thing i want is the library to produce the image in a rectangular array o...
[9 replies] Last: http://www.ijg.org has libjpeg (by normvcr)
default copy constructor behaviour

obj func () { obj o; return o; } obj y = func (); //Initialization - calls default copy ctor In the above code, the ctor will be called once and and d...
[2 replies] Last: Different compilers may do different things with obj y = func (); I... (by normvcr)
by wjahn
g++ include path

Hello, I trying to compile a rather large project initially written and compiled with MSVC++ using g++ in Linux. Within the project I have a local include fold...
[7 replies] Last: Mhm...since you're under *nix maybe you could symlink the /header fold... (by ZED0815)
Parallel MPI code in C++ memory errors

Dear all, I am trying to understand the C++ code I am working with gives out of memory errors. This is a scientific code with several flag variables to tu...
[2 replies] Last: Have you done some estimations of how much memory you're actually allo... (by kev82)
Failed to open device

I am trying to write on the /dev/simulator file. I have created this device by using: # mknod /dev/simulator c 60 0 # chmod 666 /dev/simulator # ls -l /de...
[2 replies] Last: Is /dev/simulator bound to a valid device? (by kbw)
by khmix
help in dinner philosophers by semaphores

Write a program using c language calls to Linux system to resolve the issue using the semaphores dinner philosophers to solve the problem of synchronization rou...
[1 reply] : Please be more specific on what does not work and why. You may what to... (by lloydchristmas759)
use of STL container list<class A> inside as a member of class B and destruction of class B object

Hi all... I Have 2 questions. 1. Does STL containers have their default destructors. Are they called by default to destroy the container when that container g...
[2 replies] Last: Okk... thanks... (by ChinmayB)
Make user-defined file hidden

Hello, I am writing a program in c++, and in the program I'd like to have the user input a file to be created that is hidden. I know that in UNIX, which I pr...
[1 reply] : Like this: filename = "." + filename; Depending on your compiler, ... (by manasij7479)
Restarting forked child

Hello everyone! I have to complete a project for school about Unix programming. I have to create some forked child-processes and each one of them has to s...
[3 replies] Last: The psuedo code looks something like: keeprunning := true fork() if c... (by kbw)
changefrom win to unix/linux env

hello, ive been programming in c,c++ in windows platform for quite a while, i wish to switch to unix platform, what kind of changes do i need to make to my proj...
[2 replies] Last: Danke Schun:):) (by SirSmilesaLot)
*** glibc detected ***

hello everybody :) here is a little program, that saves vector to a file, and read file to a vector... it seems, that all is okey, except one thing,,, after p...
[4 replies] Last: IT IS STRANGE for me because 1. after loading vector from file, my pro... (by smartalgorithm)
by Elffin
Running a game server.

Hi all, i know this is my 1st post and all but i tried working it out for myself and could not make head nor tails of it. I play a game called Astonia, which...
[2 replies] Last: Apparently the client is built with Borland C++ 5.5, the site has the ... (by kbw)
Need library like ncurses but not so archaic

Im just writing a program where im going to draw a train and a stick figure man. I want the train to chase the man but I would rather not use ncurses (unless of...
[2 replies] Last: thanks man (by slider57)
konsole won't run my console applications.

i compile my console applications with g++ and build them and then, when i try to execute them, they don't work (i'm using geany)
[4 replies] Last: I think he runs it by pressing F5. Are you sure that you don't have a... (by Peter87)
C++ Reverse Engineering

Hi I am looking for some free reverse engineering tools on windows/ unix environment for the C++ Code The tool should be able to generate, flow diagrams an...
[1 reply] : Google valgrind (by kooth)
web server

Hello , I ask your help to make a program who will be a Web server written in C + + and listening with a socket through a predefined port (for eg 8080). The ...
[3 replies] Last: By using forms: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html If you... (by Athar)
by harm89
Run shell commands in running executable

For the software package I am working on, I use the Stanford Natural Language Parser. The parser can be ran by calling a Linux shell command which looks like th...
[5 replies] Last: The reason it sometimes takes as long as four seconds to run is becaus... (by krakissi)
Segfault with array declaration

I've gone through the following code multiple times to figure out why I was getting a segfault on every run, but nothing worked. I tried making the "arr" declar...
[6 replies] Last: If you did something like this if (temp < 0) { // do something } th... (by Peter87)
C++ client server application

Hi guys! i want a client server application for sending simple message in C++. i don't need the code i'll work on it just need direction to focus my effort on ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi Ewa, Please read my post about making a client/server application.... (by rsnich)
May 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.