UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2012 (Page 2)

Bash Shell doesn't work as expected - Arguments to the execvp( ) are not accepted

I'm building a shell for bash in C , and I try to execute simple commands , but the output of the shell is not correct . As for the moment it only supports th...
[2 replies] Last: My friend , the thing is that the > is supposed to be one of the arg... (by david687)
Trying to use execvp in C but it fails

I'm trying to execute execvp() in C (I'm creating a shell for "bash" command) but after separating a given line from the user , it fails . Here is the code : ...
[4 replies] Last: okay thank you very much . (by david687)
by Guyver
Multithreaded Heartbeat Timer?

Hi, I'm running on RedHat and I'm trying to do a "hack" job of a task in trying to make a simple command line app that runs a user-defined heartbeat (i.e. 40...
[1 reply] : If that's all you're doing, you don't need a seperate thread. (by kbw)
Aborted (core dumped)?

Alright so I have this code that compiles nicely but when it outputs I get these messages that I have no idea wtf is going on. Could someone help me with whats...
[18 replies] Last: void readInput (char *filename) { //DataOrganizer ifstream fin(... (by ne555)
PulseAudio

HI, I am new to the pulse audio libraries, and buffers, data streams, draining, flushing, and the sort. I am trying to play a sound generated by my program. Her...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for the help! I changed around the code write a buffer of 1024 ... (by rorysmartguy)
Time Problem

Hi friends.I have to write a program which accepts one command line argument,executes the arguments as shell command,determines the time taken by it and prints ...
[11 replies] Last: peter i made a mistake by not putting a dot before root.Now it locates... (by Shynash21)
Quick Question: encoding in MAC

Brief question. I'm programming with Linux, so all my code files are in UTF-8. I'm aware of the problems with porting those files to windows and compile there; ...
[2 replies] Last: Great! thank's ;) (by JCaselles)
by mih
CC -O -mt -features=no%conststrings Need help with this compilation option.

hello , I am in process of migrating C/C++ project from Solaris 32bit to Red Hat Linux 64 bit. the old build process which was compiling C/C++ code is failing i...
[2 replies] Last: Many thanks Cubbi. (by mih)
by Wandy
pthread in ubuntu 10.10

I wrote lines in ubuntu including the function pthread.An error raised:no referrence to the pthread_create; Then I googled it ,install the glibc-doc but no c...
[7 replies] Last: No, just -pthread (or -pthreads, depending on your system). That will... (by hanst99)
Unix dig tool?

n this problem, we use the useful tool dig tool available on Unix and Linux hosts to explore the hierarchy of DNS servers. Recall that in Figure 2.21 , a DNS ...
[1 reply] : http://linux.die.net/man/1/dig (by Texan40)
by awksed
pthread_create() fails after 382 threads

Hi, I have a multi-thread problem illustrated by the following snippet. My app is a server that listens on a socket, accepts connections and fires off a...
[2 replies] Last: My app is a server that listens on a socket, accepts connections and... (by rapidcoder)
Windows.h??

I am making a program in Linux that is designed to run in Windows. I had only started programming on Linux earlier this day. I am using the default g++ compiler...
[5 replies] Last: Wow. I'm...really surprised I didn't know that. Just tried it now, and... (by krakissi)
Functions for get user input from stdin (shell)

Hi What function are there in order to get user input from stdin (shell) in Linux ? Thanks in advance
[2 replies] Last: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> int main... (by krakissi)
hello , real problem

my teacher want to write code in argument like this #include <iostream> using namespace std ; int main (int argc , char* argv ) { int x=0 , y=0; x=...
[6 replies] Last: They are both right: You are going to need atoi to get any number with... (by kooth)
A question about using new instead of malloc

Hello All, I have a question about the KLU library for LU factorization of sparse matrices. The KLU library accepts a pointer to a memory allocator function...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not aware of any. But check out if the library is aware of objects... (by ne555)
printf function is not print!

Hi In my code,if I user printf without "\n" character, anything is not printed . I could not find reason of this. Thanks for any help
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for your attention. (by nima0102)
Piping, etc

Hello, I have a C++ code that depends on the output of a shell script, but also requires user input. If I pipe from the script into program then all of the u...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! popen() is exactly what I was looking for! (by alexvas)
by GNG23
crypto++:how to extract public key from x509 certificate version 1

how to extract public key from x509 certificate version 1 ? in my program - BERGeneralDecoder context(tbsCert,0x02); // consume the context tag on the ve...
[no replies]
Think I need to update my compiler

I'm using xubuntu and I think I need to update my compiler -- its giving me a weird segmentation fault that I'm fairly certain isn't my fault. I took code t...
[4 replies] Last: g++ amazing compiler (by Aramil of Elixia)
How to debug programs from the google code repository

Is there a way to debug C++ projects from the google code repository. I tried all the well known ide's like eclipse, netbeans, codeblock, kdevelop..but somehow ...
[6 replies] Last: Looks reasonable to me. Those flags include debug information and turn... (by Moschops)
May 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.