UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2013

Segmentation fault

for(int t = 0; t < fsdbtapdecoder->_num_tap_state; t++) { store_tap_state_set_rtl(fsdbtapdecoder->_TapStates ->get_state()); } I am trying to us...
[2 replies] Last: why not try doing a backtrace to see what happened right before? (by drew887)
clock_gettime() help

OK. First time back on here in a few years. Long story short, I need some assistance trying to wrap my head around the clock_gettime() function. Also, this i...
[3 replies] Last: If you still here, Cubbi, I was wondering if you might be able to give... (by Nerdrage23)
by eddyq
Using pthread_mutex_lock

On Windows there is a function called EnterCriticalSection. It will not block if the same thread calls it more than once. I want to do the same thing on Linux a...
[6 replies] Last: Recursive lock. Yea, I noticed that and should have gotten back to you... (by eddyq)
Code question

cout << "check1:" << fsdbtapdecoder->_num_tap_state <<endl; cout << "check2:" << fsdbtapdecoder->_max_tap_state <<endl; char *tap_state_rtl[fsdbtapdec...
[3 replies] Last: what are you trying to do with the line char *tap_state_rtl[fsdbtap... (by abhishekm71)
shutdown function in linux

Hi, once i call shutdown function for socket for data transmission. it stop data transmission. can i re-enable to data transmission for socket. how can i do...
[2 replies] Last: if due some reason, i need to make into working, how can i resume? is ... (by Embedded)
FTP file upload

Hi, I am programming ftp client. I have trouble with upload file. I established connection with ftp server and log in. Now I want to upload file to the server....
[1 reply] : Google FTP commands (by Zaita)
how to handle multiple file transfers?

Using POSIX threads, how can we handle multiple file transfers? Sure, we can handle simple client requests like connection or logging in with information and...
[1 reply] : Have your network handler in it's own thread. Then you just poll each ... (by Zaita)
I cant move this triangle using keyboard.also a triangle shape is not comming

#include<iostream> #include<ncurses.h> //#include<iostream> using namespace std; void triangle(); int main() { int ch; int x; x=20; initscr(); keypad...
[7 replies] Last: thank u very much.i got it (by dgcharitha)
Problem with fork() while reading files

Good evening everyone. I have my finals and I'm facing a problem: I have a for cycle that is supposed to fork 2 children but somehow it forks only the first ...
[5 replies] Last: what was the problem? (by abhishekm71)
How to move this triangle?

#include<iostream> #include<ncurses.h> //#include<iostream> using namespace std; void triangle(); int main() { int ch; int x; x=20; initscr(); keypa...
[no replies]
environment variable in linux gcc

Hi, I am able to get environment variable using getenv function in gcc.But when tried to change the value using setenv function, its value is changed as s...
[1 reply] : You can't. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3416638/set-environment-... (by keskiverto)
by koga
Need help with assembler language

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; Executable name : EATSYSCALL ; Version : 1.0 ; Created date : 1/7/2009 ; Last update...
[1 reply] : You should be able to work out int 80H ; ## EXPLAIN ME ## because ... (by Cubbi)
Linux

I would like the Linux 0.01 source code. Where can i get it?
[8 replies] Last: @spaceWorm : ummmm.... are you forgetting linux ? It was basically st... (by a k n)
I need HELP ASAP

I am trying to compile my makefile but I get this error: g++ --static Main.cpp InternalTools.cpp ExternalTools.cpp InternalData.h InternalTools.h -o ZombieApoc...
[4 replies] Last: You have a typo in InternalTools.hpp. z eadZombieFile should be r e... (by kbw)
PROGRAMMING FLASH DEVICE

Hi, I am starting a Thesis and the first part of it consists in programming a Flash Device using C++. I would like to find some documentation about how do th...
[4 replies] Last: What "flash device" are you interested in ? Using serial port, USB, et... (by modoran)
Linux source code

I know c++ and want to view the Linux source code in c. Regular c. Where can I get the source code and what would happen if I compiled it? I got the kernel for ...
[12 replies] Last: He created a new thread here http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/unices/102... (by a k n)
by ajbutt
Help plz.

Question 3: Total Points (20) What are the steps to re-compile Linux kernel? Re-compile your Linux kernel and submit screen-shots of each step.
[3 replies] Last: And if so, then that homework smells too. http://wiki.centos.org/HowTo... (by keskiverto)
c++ system() function behavior

Hello. First of all, sorry, if this question violates any guideline /nettiqutte. I am acting on my own understanding. I have the initial c++ code, call i...
[4 replies] Last: thank you, that worked as i wanted. thank you very much. (by Sean Con)
OOP doubt

Aclass *v3main; Bclass *dobject; v3main = dobject ; May I know does this v3main = dobject become v3main will be object of Bclass ? Where can I study a...
[1 reply] : The statement means, v3main is a pointer to a Aclass . dobject is... (by kbw)
C++ open new terminal and send commands

I am working on a project in which I am writing code in c++ that is used to open a new terminal window and run a second program in that window. So far I have: ...
[5 replies] Last: I meant, just use a pipe - no system calls required (by mik2718)
May 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.