UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2013 (Page 2)

by S2000
Formatting string output.

I'm having trouble formatting the string array that I got from a .txt file. When I print the string, it comes out double spaced, when I only want it single spa...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, pal. I now know what to look for. I'll to find a solution in C... (by S2000)
by ajbutt
Assignment

Develop a utility in C language which will run in Linux operating systems to display following properties of the system:  Processor speed  Ram size ...
[1 reply] : what have you got so far? (by mutexe)
by ajbutt
Plz.help my in my assignment

Question 2: Total Points (20) In this question, you will examine in detail how a new process is created in Linux when fork() is called. You have to provide the...
[1 reply] : what have you got so far? (by mutexe)
g++ error in Xcode

Hi, I compiled code and got this: Command /Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.0 failed with exit code 1 Please help! I added a .cpp file to project, but I dont th...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry I don't know anything about Xcode. (by kooth)
convert perl scripts

Hi, I have a few perl scripts and they need to be converted into some more common language such as Java so that in the future it can be modified and enhanced...
[no replies]
SWAP LHS to RHS using VIM

xxPCIbclkp = gsrpkg/gsrdie/xxPCIbclkp if i got many lines of the above. How can i swap to become as below at the same time some new words gsrpkg_te c...
[5 replies] Last: Thank to all.But I found this and worked for me. http://stackoverflo... (by jaden5165)
by pheapc
problem in dynamic library*.so

hello I apologize if my question bothers you I work on a code developed in C + + which worked well on mac os, this code will help create libraries *.so from *...
[8 replies] Last: this is my makfile: # this Makefile compiles all the *.cc files in t... (by pheapc)
How to draw this triangle using ncurses nested for loops

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { for (int x=1;x<=7;x++) { for(int i=1;i<=x;i++) cout<<"*"; cout<<endl; } return 0; }
[no replies]
Anyone please explain what this code means?

Hi All, onUnknownField = [=] (BidRequest * br, JsonParsingContext & context) { I am customizing one open source framework to our needs. i see the...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks very much for your help. (by arayappan)
Does anyone on here use codelites

Could someone please help me I have been trying to get codelite to run a program for 3 hours now . I have it installed on Debian all the depends are installed. ...
[1 reply] : It might be worth asking your question here, too. codeLite forum http... (by andywestken)
Dinning Philosophers Using Condition Variables

There is something wrong with this pseudo-code, but I can't tell what it is. Could you help? class Monitor R() { bool forks ; // all true conditio...
[no replies]
something is wrong with this program

i tried to see the mean and variance of the set. mean is calculated correctly and i am facing the problem in variance' part. please help me. #include<stdio.h...
[4 replies] Last: Good post and the nice information http://www.arm2teeth.com (by Montgomery)
compiling with #define in multiple files

I have a project with multiple .h and .cpp files. I want to compile this project and add #defines using GCC. some of the .h files are paired with .cpp files...
[5 replies] Last: Yes, you can have as many defines as you want. so, file1.cpp #ifdef... (by writetonsharma)
to check for mixed input

suppose i take an int type variable and give input in that which is mix of int as well as char type. so which function should be used to determine that the give...
[4 replies] Last: I don't know what you are asking. Just guessing your problem, before... (by writetonsharma)
linux program help

I'm trying to finish up some programs I didn't get finished earlier in the semester and this multiprocessing program is stumping me. "Instructions: Set ra...
[2 replies] Last: Ahh I see that makes it make more sense. I was looking up some code th... (by cowless)
Converting full path to file name in C

Hello, I'm usually a c++ programmer but my teacher is forcing me to use regular old c. I've been spending a lot of time figuring out how to manipulate strings...
[1 reply] : #include <libgen.h> char* basename(char *path); or `strrchr()', you ... (by ne555)
Possible bug in std::string::rfind

This may be a bug in std::string::rfind on linux (lattest version of Debian). I run the following program: #include <iostream> #include <string> int main...
[3 replies] Last: xpos <= pos :( (by LB)
kernel mod help

So I decided to try some kernel module examples and have already ran into some trouble. Unfortunately I am very used to eclipse generating makefiles for me and...
[2 replies] Last: makefile had spaces instead of a tab on the newlines... (by Michaela Elise)
LaLR(1) parsing source code

hello please help me in writing a project with this title: " make LALR(1) parsing table" if anybody wrote it, please share here . thanks a lot i am waiting you...
[no replies]
Is it a deadlock or not?

Hi, I have written a program and I have represented a graph like this: http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9233/asdsv.png According to my studies about operati...
[no replies]
May 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.