UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2012 (Page 2)

by gliese
Header files are included, but still cannot call the functions..

I'm trying to write a plotting program with c++ under ubuntu12.04. OpenGL is applicated in my code. I have included the necessary header files, but the openGL f...
[1 reply] : Including header files is not enough. You must also link against the ... (by cire)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I don't know why, but there's an error in my program, I can't see anything wrong with my code. I compiled the program via terminal: g++ *.cc -I. -o programa ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you ne555, it worked here after the change you proposed. I also ... (by guerreiro)
Linux distros (Fedora, Mint, Ubuntu)

Having never used Linux before, just wondering what the 'best' distro might be. Really I'm looking for the easiest one to use 'out-of-the-box', but also the saf...
[3 replies] Last: Choosing the distro and gui all comes down to personal preference. I ... (by RescuePenguin)
Malloc SPARERAM, for mem2mem function

Hi, Members of cplusplus I hope you can help me. I have maked some new program. I need some dynamicly spareram , but i have tryed it, but no luck. This is my ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, It won't start, then hanging. then i must reboot the whole box It... (by speedyisfast)
'Special' wide char on mac

Hey rrybody, I was wondering how to put 'special' characters from the OEM 437. Is it even possible since it seems that its only for windows? Im trying to prin...
[4 replies] Last: It has nothing to do with size of the object, it's all about how it's ... (by kbw)
compare two strings

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cstring> #include <string> using namespace std; const int max_cpl = 250; const int max_wpl ...
[2 replies] Last: ok thanks for your help (by jimmiej)
Catch stderr and stdout from external program

Hi I am trying to write a program that runs an external program. I know that I can catch stdout, and I can catch stdout and stderr together BUT the question i...
[6 replies] Last: or an orphan. (by ne555)
by TJF
ncurses problem

Hi, I use LEFT-ArrowKey and RIGHT-Arrowkey to control a commandline program from "outside". The problem: If no key is used (default), I don't get the cursor ...
[9 replies] Last: The missing link was nodelay(stdscr,TRUE); //=non-blocking and ... (by TJF)
by Hit
linux programming

I've been doing win32, but made a switch because I want open source, etc I want to program using Linux without using libraries/wraps, etc. so what is under ncu...
[4 replies] Last: You're confusing many different things. The Linux kernel, tty program... (by kbw)
by Fitina
How to run and compile a C++ program on Linux Mint

How can I run and compile a C++ program without installation of its compiler coz i heard that it works without a compiler on linux i want to run and compile it...
[2 replies] Last: Just go download VMWare Player for free, and download any linux .iso a... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Parralell running child process.

Hello, I am new to c++. I want to create a child process programmatically. I searched the web. and see that i can use fork() and exec() but. I want the to run ...
[2 replies] Last: Whe you use fork(), the parent and child do run concurrently. Why do ... (by kbw)
Trouble making Eclipse CDT work.

Hello, all. So, I'm a novice programmer who recently took to running eclipse for c++ coding on my Unix machine (Ubuntu). I can't seem to get past two errors: ...
[13 replies] Last: You get them by building the project. They will be placed in your proj... (by Athar)
not declared in the scope

I created a header file called view.h class View { public: void showLoginScreen(); } A cpp file called view.cpp #include<iostream> #include...
[5 replies] Last: Well for me, writing it in three separate files as in my post above an... (by Moschops)
Problem with "&"

Dear ALL, I wrote a c++ program which accepts username and passwd. I executed the binary from linux terminal as follows #verifypwd support supp&123 ...
[1 reply] : You need to escape special characters: \& (by Athar)
getting battery life

I was wondering how i would get the battery life of a computer on linux i need for a java jni project i am using a windows and therefore have no way of testing ...
[no replies]
Best IDE to use

Alright, so I decided to start programming for Linux, but I'm not sure what the best IDE I should use. I'm use to using Microsoft Visual Studios 2010/2012. ...
[4 replies] Last: For starters, I recommend a simple text editor that handles auto-inden... (by Moschops)
G++ not found

Basically, subj. I did build-essentials. g++ in console works perfectly fine, and is of latest edition. I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 and Eclipse Juno with CDT. I've...
[1 reply] : g++ in console works perfectly fine then the problem is with the conf... (by ne555)
SHELL PROGRAMMING - COUNTING ALPHABETS

1) How do I get the number of times the alphabet appear ? 2) How do i count frequency of 1-letter words, 2-letter words, 3-letter words till 4 letter words. ...
[6 replies] Last: it sure does, thanks just a simple question how do we Have an input... (by Charcoalman)
write ssh client

hi, i want to write c++ program, GOAL : " when a person press a button on windows OS my linux OS shutdown on the other side" i know how to use socket but i d...
[7 replies] Last: Have you ever used a library before? It's just the same as others. Lin... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Xdfer
aggregate value used where an integer was expected

Hi, #define BOOTROM_RAM_ADDR 0xd800000 #define ROM_OFFSET(adr) ((UINT)adr - ( UINT )BOOTROM_RAM_ADDR ) typedef int (BOOT :: *BOOTFUNCPTR) (...)...
[2 replies] Last: I corrected (by Xdfer)
November 2012 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.