UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2013

SOCK_STREAM ENOMEM Help

Hi, I am trying to understand what would cause an ENOMEM error from a 'recv(fd, buf, sizeof(buf), 0);' command on a AF_INT, SOCK_STREAM socket, fd. I would ...
[15 replies] Last: Seems you are right and I spoke too soon. After about 28 hours, an 'EN... (by johnnyjohnny)
execvp error

Hi. I wrote an MPIch program and mpic++'ed the source file. Now I am getting this error: soheil@soheil-desktop:/media/TOSHIBA$ mpiexec -n 2 a.out [proxy:0:...
[3 replies] Last: you did mount it as `exec' this time, ¿right? (by ne555)
Mac C++ compiler

Hey everyone. I just got a new Mac. I've been coding on my windows computer with VS 11 and now 13. I want to transfer over so I need a good Mac compiler for C++...
[12 replies] Last: Sublime isn't free but, strictly speaking, there is no time limit on t... (by MrHutch)
by binbk
Segmentation fault

I am a very new Linux but I like it a lot and don't want to go back to Windows. I use Block Code to do programming. Everything was good until now. My project no...
[7 replies] Last: Since BinNode owns the left and right pointers, you should create a co... (by dhayden)
Basic TCP server to process GET

I am writing a TCP server that will allow clients to connect and run the GET command. 1. Server is run and has a base directory already specified 2. Client con...
[no replies]
seg. fault?!

Hi. My program appeared to give segmentation fault on my windows, but it doesn't execute at all in my ubuntu. Why? #include <iostream> using namespace std; /*...
[2 replies] Last: > soheil@soheil-desktop:/media/2318-8E84/MS_Shirazu/Parallel_algorithm... (by ne555)
by cpcp
Connecting between to brothers (at C language)

At C language: I have a father that make two sons at a loop by fork() , I want that each son will have (at pid_t type) the process ID of his brother. I t...
[3 replies] Last: I solve it! I had to do: pid_t me=getpid(); (write(pos ,&me,sizeof(... (by cpcp)
by Kay94
keypress / if (char c == 'd')

hello there! i found some code on the web for detecting and analyzing a keypress. i modified it to make it a bit smaller and get rid of useless lines. #i...
[15 replies] Last: Sorry I mean GetKeyState and GetAsynKeyState. Also check out the virtu... (by giblit)
Bash Logical Statement Question

I am fairly adept with bash but I have a general syntax question for an IF statement that has always seemed to elude me because it looks completely correct to m...
[1 reply] : I think you have line 11 wrong. You need a conditional after the -o. A... (by ShodanHo)
Running libcurl code in C++ on Linux?

I am trying to run a code in C++ that will automatically save a specified web page from the internet. I am using the Linux Mint Operating System, and my code is...
[16 replies] Last: nobody reads the manual You can mix options and other arguments. For... (by ne555)
MPI

Hello. I want to run a sample MPI program in Dev-C++. What do I need to do? I use ubuntu distro, version 12.04 LTS. the manual says that I 'tar' the .tar.gz ...
[1 reply] : They extract in the directory in which you untar the file. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Sending datagrams using UDP

I have completed the program, but I do not think it is being sent to the right server. It should be sent to blitz.cs.niu.edu using port 9045. The server should ...
[1 reply] : Read comments: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #in... (by histrungalot)
Looking to code anything

Hi, I am sort of new to Linux. But I love it. I want to do something useful. I can't figure out what to do. I was going through some GitHub projects an...
[5 replies] Last: write a simple c program that keeps yours files synced up, for example... (by kautzd06)
C++ multi threaded server and client

Hi all, Would really be thankful if someone could help me with this. Basically i have written a simple multithreaded server and client program where the clie...
[3 replies] Last: Maybe you could change the compile to: Server g++ Server.cpp -lpthrea... (by ShodanHo)
Command line argument make.

I have to pass an argument when I run make postfix. I am confused on how to do this. And I really need any kind of help. Thank you. MAKE COMMAND : ma...
[4 replies] Last: I figured it out. It was $: make postfix $: ./postfix "data3-1.txt" T... (by bupeking2000)
by piotr5
porting tinywm to c++

http://incise.org/tinywm.html tinywm shows a basic event-handling situation. I was thinking to create a union of all eventtypes, and initialize the right one....
[2 replies] Last: yes, that's the old way, fit for actually handling multiple windows. h... (by piotr5)
How do I open a window in Ubuntu

I want to write a piece of code that will let me open a window and write some text in it like 'hello' or something. then maybe i want to implement some graph...
[4 replies] Last: @nightrain Please, take a look here: http://ogldev.atspace.co.uk... (by condor)
i dont understand this. can someone please explain what it wants me to do?

On further analysis, the Blue Water Quality Board is making a change to the data it collects on fracking. The measures collected will now be “normalized” ...
[no replies]
Oracle C++ OCI Database connection

I am trying to port an application from Solaris to Linux. On Solaris, I used the Sun Studio C++ compiler, and on Linux, I used the Intel C++ compiler. Now...
[5 replies] Last: Mark it as answered. I'm glad you found your answer! (by kooth)
Compiling .h with .cpp on linux?

I have been compiling on linux using g++ in the terminal. I am not using any IDE's which I can if I want with netbeans, but I prefer not to. So my question is w...
[3 replies] Last: I recommend you to use makefile. Create a file named "Makefile" and pu... (by hungduongn)
November 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.