UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2016

robot shortest path in 3d

hello everyone, i have an assignment is to write a C++ program that will calculate the potential distribution in a 10×10×10 environment containing obstacles. ...
[3 replies] Last: how can i read 3d Arrays from file magic! int array_3D ; std::... (by Golden Lizard)
by dkaip
puts program link at start up applications

Hello. I am in a middle of a program, that start at beginning from Mint start-up applications. To place at start up done by hand. I am looking for a code in ...
[1 reply] : 1. Retrieve the location of the current user's Startup folder 2. Creat... (by dkaip)
by zxcvbn
MSP430 programming under Linux - mspdebug fails to connect to programmer

I am trying to program the MSP430 (on an MSP-EXP430F5438 evaluation board http://www.kynix.com/Parts/3596582/MSP-EXP430F5438.html) under Linux using gcc-msp430 ...
[1 reply] : I noticed that: warning: fet: set VCC failed This means that the FE... (by shalky)
HELP! on client server programming

Hi, very new to programming. I was given a assignment for TCP socket, client server programming to come out with a Battleship game. And I faced some issues o...
[2 replies] Last: i would suggest you to not work with fork() since it involves working ... (by kushal4)
random alphanumeric string generator for c++

actuially i have been using srand and rand to generate random alphanumeric number but didn't get the desired output some strings were repeated at a regular ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks man.Actually yesterday i used the same thing but woth boost lib... (by kushal4)
error duing running transflow model

I am following this tutorial: https://medium.com/jim-fleming/loading-a-tensorflow-graph-with-the-c-api-4caaff88463f#.saa7no4fd. But as i try to run the loader.c...
[2 replies] Last: ok i solved it. (by dinesh999lama)
hey everyone!

I have being going over it for days now and still have no idea what the mistake is, can you help me? please!
[3 replies] Last: I think this would be a simple example of an input file - however it m... (by Chervil)
Arguments to Main

Hi all, So I'm trying to create a C++ program that will generate and output a random set of 2D points to be passed via a pipeline to a FNN built w/PyBrain. I'...
[3 replies] Last: The first argument argv is the name of the program itself. You need t... (by Chervil)
by shalky
How to get address of a function in .so library ?

I have a .so which comes from a third partner, I use nm to see the function name I need. When I use dlsym to get the function address, the return value is null....
[8 replies] Last: OK, I found a small bug. All code can be compiled and linked together.... (by shalky)
by bozmin
makefile doesn't work perfectly

I am programming in c++ on linux. I have a program with 5 c++ files an tried to compile them with a "makefile" to avoid all the repetitions and time wast coming...
[2 replies] Last: yes, it worked. thank you ! (by bozmin)
How to read datas from graph in c++ code using tensorflow

How do i read the datas from the file train.pb in current c++ code? I followed some tutorial on tensorflow and understood till this much lines, but after this i...
[no replies]
Question marks in console output of char(int).

I've got a task (School) to print a Ascii table of the integer values: 32-255. For some reason everything after 127 is question marks. Any help will be greatly...
[4 replies] Last: if in Windows, your can write system("chcp xxx"); see:https://techn... (by LukeShen)
how to create parent and only one child pthread in C++

Hello, I do not know so much about pthread. My question is:- How to create a parent and only one child pthread in c++? If I will create one thread nam...
[4 replies] Last: If you're going to work on Unix systems, you really should start using... (by kbw)
Copying a file and reading size I get always zero.

I need to copy a file (srcFile) to a new ubication (destFile). Then I calculate the size of the copy file using stat. The problem is that I always get a cero si...
[1 reply] : What's the value of sr? You aer renaming a file, not copying it. (by kbw)
What version of code blocks to install?

I'm looking at http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26 and I'm not sure which version to pick? I'm guessing I should either use codeblocks_16.01_amd64_jessie.t...
[4 replies] Last: IIRC, Linux Mint uses dpkg/aptitude as its package manager. For such ... (by mbozzi)
Review needed multithreaded (pthreads) tcp server communication COBAN protocol

Hello fellow programmers, I have been having a lot of fun learning C++ on this website. For the peoples who made the tutorials, my compliments on the clarity a...
[7 replies] Last: Your code definitely reads well without comments. Just trying to get a... (by thomaswink)
  Archived months: [oct2016] [dec2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.