UNIX/Linux Programming - October 2012

Memory leak working with boost::thread.

Hi all. These days I've been trying to learn how to work with threads. I've been trying different things and I believe that the boost library is my best optio...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for your answer. I couldn't find that in my searches. I ... (by Germinx)
Memory leak

Dear Everyone, Memory leak is happening and process is taking too much time to execute. I m not understanding where i m going wrong can anyone help me out pleas...
[4 replies] Last: My omnipresent request to edit your post so it uses code tags - the... (by TheIdeasMan)
by Disch
great

You're welcome! =D
[no replies]
eclipse :Program "g++" not found in PATH

I've already install the gcc, g++ compiler, and jdk, but I just write a simple test, eclipse find problem, but it can run through it detect problem #include <...
[3 replies] Last: tyuiro (by SheriDowns)
by Baelix
Seg fault in custom C Shell

Hey all. I'm writing a C Shell for my Operating Systems class, and was hoping you could help me find an error in my code. It executes all commands properly, and...
[6 replies] Last: just use piping output of two or more linux cmds, I used "ls -l | ... (by ahmedkhan)
Process creation issue

Hi, The program listed below is illustrating the process creation. However the wait(NULL) method appears to be out of scope frequently. That is known b...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a bunch! (by Sakayapo)
by API124
TCP server and cerr/cin

Hallo, I have got included iostream library, but g++ gets me this errors: hack2.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’: hack2.cpp:141:9: error: ‘cou...
[4 replies] Last: I actually recommend that you remove the cout, cin and the include <io... (by jlb)
Executing a shell program with read and write availability

Hi there. I want to make a C++ program that executes a shell program with read and write availability. I've read about exec, shell_exec and popen. The most near...
[4 replies] Last: Then you'll need to fork a new process (by ResidentBiscuit)
by mih
Unable to access Enum constants defined in header file from .cc file.

Hello all, I am getting below error while trying to compile C++ code cookieSetter.cc:126: error: nav cannot appear in a constant-expression cookieSetter....
[4 replies] Last: codewalker , Peter, Many thanks, the suggested changes worked.. it ... (by mih)
by mih
In function .. undefined reference to ..

Hello All, I am getting below error while trying to link DB2 libraries, any clues what must be going wrong here.. Many thanks for your help. g++ -O -pthread ...
[5 replies] Last: Maschops, guestgulkan, Many thanks for your help and information. (by mih)
Not able to Extract .7z file from c++ program

Dear Everyone, I have written one program which get all the .7z files from one folder and extract it but this is not happening when i run this command u...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, that's needed because double quotes needs to be escaped to keep t... (by modoran)
by luna1
Console Program to list prime numbers

I would like to know your input regarding this program. #include <iostream> using namespace std; /* This program computes and displays all the ...
[no replies]
by axtroz
Thread-safe programming

Greetings! I wrote a ping library for Linux using raw sockets to use in my application (piping ping is not an option) and it is working fine if I use it withou...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the reply. I ended up connect()-ing to the destination h... (by axtroz)
Unix Error/Complications (Maybe syntax)

//Implementation file //Implements the class Applicant member functions #include "Applicant.h" /* set name and get name*/ void Applicant::setName(string...
[1 reply] : If you tell us what the error message is, we can tell you how to fix i... (by Moschops)
by bruice
Segmentation fault (core dumped) ( 64 bit)

I have no knowledge in this field and do not know how debug it. I can compile my qt program(C++) in 32bit computer and work well. I also can compile it on 64...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your reply, actually I use the qt3 to write the program,... (by bruice)
by mih
In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0' multiple definition of first defined here

Hello All, I am getting the below error while trying to compile my C++ code on Linux, I would appriciate if anybody could help me figure out how to solve thi...
[6 replies] Last: Update from my side, I was able to disable the implicit behaviour of m... (by mih)
by mih
declaration of C function int gethostname(char*, int)conflicts with previous declaration int gethostname(char*, size_t)

Hello All, I am getting the below error while trying to compile my C++ code on Linux, I would appriciate if anybody could help me figure out how to solve thi...
[5 replies] Last: Remove the prototype for gethostname() from gias_CliApi.cc. It's clea... (by kbw)
Terminal Emulator for Androids

Hi guys... Am having a software called "Terminal Emulator" in my Android... I heard this Terminal Emulator to be linked with Linux as Android OS is based on Li...
[4 replies] Last: no the terminal is a command line interpreter for the language shell s... (by Aramil of Elixia)
Best way to debug memory corruption

Hi all, I'm currently working on a (for me) somewhat larger project, based on SDL. Since yesterday, while running the application, sometimes segfaults occur ...
[5 replies] Last: To use valgrind: 1) Get valgrind. 2) Build your program with debuggin... (by Moschops)
How CPU decides when to switch to an operating system from a process?

Hello, everybody. I have a question. As far as I know modern operating systems use a CPU in two modes: a kernel(full access) mode and a user mode(restricted). ...
[3 replies] Last: Very often the process itself triggers to go into kernel mode by calli... (by rapidcoder)
October 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.