UNIX/Linux Programming - October 2013

by kaiwei
What does it mean for such error?

I am using mac mavericks. When I ran a c++ program on my computer, I found it needs <png.h> but in my mac no such thing. Then I found online there are such file...
[3 replies] Last: He's just linking with the x86 version while compiling for x64? for a... (by S G H)
retour code

Can anyone explain me on the gcd program how to determine the exit status?
[2 replies] Last: $? (by ne555)
3DES CBC encryption decryption

Hi, I have to build a application that can do encryption and decryption using Triple Des CBC mode. Can anybody give me a sample code for this. I trid with go...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, Thank you very much.. (by dushantha12)
C++ Primer(5th ed.) exercise 1.20 Sales_item error

So I'm trying to compile a program (using the terminal) for exercise 1.20 in the c++ primer and every time i get this error: In file included from 1,5,1-1...
[3 replies] Last: nice (by orchard)
GDB

what is difference in option -ggdb3 and -g(flag set for debugging)
[1 reply] : Did you try Google? http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2009-02/msg00130.ht... (by kbw)
How do sockets send and read, through separate packets or will it concatenate them?

Let's say the client uses the send function twice to the server. The server receives the packets, will it have to use read once or twice? Client sends("Pa...
[4 replies] Last: TCP will split and join them up in unpredictable ways depending on the... (by ShodanHo)
C++ expect library (without TCL) to interact with Linux/Unix host

Hi, I have some what good experience with C/C++ programming but now I have come across a requirement to telnet to Linux/Unix host (with login ID & password),...
[1 reply] : You could run telnet from a parent wrapper program that you control an... (by kbw)
Missing GL version

I am completely new to glew, opengl, etc. Recently I encounter a problem where an error message shows 'Missing GL version' The code where error is thrown ...
[3 replies] Last: shogun1234, that's odd... that's not included in any of my examples. ... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
finding source files

how can i find where (what dir) the source files to a program i am running???
[8 replies] Last: i uninstalled everything. which was a pain. then reinstalled everythi... (by density)
by Sorax
How to Debug a Project in Linux ?

Hello everybody, i have a question about Linux and Code:Blocks Compiler... I cant debug my project ... if i push the debug or release button then i got thi...
[2 replies] Last: > Code:Blocks Compiler Code:Blocks is not a compiler, but an IDE. Comp... (by ne555)
by kaiwei
Run g++ on mac

I wrote a simple code as follows and saved it as 1.cpp #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout<<"Hello, world!"<<endl; return 0; } Then ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks very much! (by kaiwei)
Google maps processing

Hi everyone, I am developing a software which can direct someone to some place. I searched on google but most of all need java. Fortunately, I found a library i...
[6 replies] Last: @Stewbond [quote=google maps faq]Yes, the Google Maps APIs can now be ... (by naraku9333)
while loop with fork not working

Hi, could someone suggest how I can correct the code so the command line continues to ask for a user number, until the user enters 'q', which cancels the progra...
[1 reply] : while(1) { //pthread_mutex_lock(&mVar); i=globalI; ... (by narolez571)
Log library for C on Opensuse

Hi, Is there a library for C language for generate logs? I am working on a Opensuse operating system. Thank you.
[3 replies] Last: You should really be more specific as to what did not work (Any error ... (by mariostg)
crazy linker errors

in a large program i changed two files, the .h and .cc files in the last of a derived class. no problems. compiles and preforms as expected. no i made some s...
[6 replies] Last: all right. thanks man! (by density)
by laper
error: no matching function for call to ‘qrk::MonitorDataHandler::fetch(size_t&)’

Hi everyone, I just have learned the C, but I have to use the http://svn.sourceforge.jp/svnroot/qrobosdk in linux, however it's wrote in c++. I try to do it w...
[no replies]
How do I do this?

How do I call my code and actually output its data into a file the user can type in, such as Sample.xml ? Here is the code, I didn't make it. I want to say "...
[10 replies] Last: Any idea? (by shamieh)
Adding feature to core Apple application

I want to add a custom alert option in the 'alert' pane when editing an event in iCal. Any ideas? Thanks.
[no replies]
APUE page 539 error TELL_WAIT undefined.

Hi, I've been practising client-server shared memory and the APUE test book gives an example and won't compile. The errors are: undefined reference to '_TELL...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for the replies. I think the library is linked okay, if you... (by eiger3970)
execl() problem when trying to spawn program

I have followed several tutorials on how to fork a child process and launch a program using exec() family functions. When run this code: int main(int argc, c...
[6 replies] Last: ""Not trying to sound patronizing, but the default install directory i... (by reventropy)
October 2013 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.