UNIX/Linux Programming - October 2013 (Page 2)

help with bochs.

so im using bochs for my development right now, but im stuck configuring it. i have a bootloader called boot.bin (which is written in assembly). then i made a v...
[6 replies] Last: FWIW VirtualBox has a linux client. I'm not familiar with Bochs, but a... (by naraku9333)
Vi Editor setup

I suppose this is a unix question, i'm using WIndows 7 but this is about the vi editor. Anyways, for school we use the vi editor to make c++ programs, the one a...
[7 replies] Last: mingw (Minimal GNU for Windows) is similar to cygwin. It includes msy... (by keskiverto)
by bvteja
giving input from console

echo " hi " hostname=$0 username=$1 how to pass values to $0 and $1 main.sh andrew teja is it correct
[1 reply] : $0 is the name of the program itself, so any parameters can be transfe... (by condor)
Won't compile.

This .cpp Won't compile. It's acting like it doesn't have a main reference. (i.e. a main()) but it does, in the main.cpp file. In my main.cpp file I have #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: <nolyc> Undefined reference is a linker error. It's not a compile err... (by ne555)
by bvteja
reads in a machine hostname and a username, builds the command:

Write a program that reads in a machine hostname and a username, builds the command: /usr/bin/ssh <machine> /usr/bin/finger <user> in a string and uses t...
[3 replies] Last: give me an idea how to read the host name Knowing the purpose of the... (by keskiverto)
System calls to I2C Peripheral, unable to reset FD index

Hi everyone, I'm trying to get my C++ main app software(running on an ARM w/embedded linux) to do reads() from my I2C peripheral on /dev/i2c-1. I'm able to open...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to read from a Microchip EEPROM over ... (by Varun916)
Need help with implementing device driver

http://www.cse.psu.edu/~mcdaniel/cmpsc311-f13/docs/assign3.pdf Above is the link to the homework. I am doing the homework on Linux OS, using vim. I have no clu...
[1 reply] : Array of storage drums ! BTW, I didn't see any sample code. (by kbw)
_Smanip linux equivalent

Hi, I'm porting some windows code to linux and I can't find an equivalent for _Smanip (iomanip header). Could you point me in the right direction as nothin...
[1 reply] : As far as I can tell from google, _Smanip is the type that some(?) I/O... (by Cubbi)
project

I am PG-DAC student and I have to submit a project I want to submit my project either in C or C++ what kind of project should I give....just want your a...
[2 replies] Last: @DTSCode I just want to devlope a game in my project.....I have a bas... (by JAI SINGH)
by laro
How to work safe with Share Memory

Hi, I have 3 process which have to send and receive data from each other. (Each process can send and receive) I want to use share memory, but I have some qu...
[4 replies] Last: You can learn from this code: https://github.com/risingape/producer-co... (by vincegata)
Makefile: how to include obj file from another directory and how to recompile it if the sources change.

Hi, Here is the structure of my directories: ../Projects/Common ../Projects/SES The common project has its own Makefile which builds an object file common.o. ...
[8 replies] Last: I have to investigate this, I might post another thread. Thank you fo... (by vincegata)
STL thread safety

I have read that STL in general is not thread safe. There were some cases in which you can get around without locks and atomic.... I was wondering if the follow...
[4 replies] Last: @Disch, Thank you for the reply. I think that answers all :) (by knightrider007)
C++ graphics XCB error – ubuntu 12.04

The code given below complies properly but the output of program blinks and ends with error. #include<iostream> #include<graphics.h> using namespa...
[no replies]
by iamk2
When I use debug the setupterm returns -1???

Learning on my own => C++. Been using codeblocks as my IDE on Arch Linux. I use the following function to clear my terminal throughout my program. ...
[no replies]
by Ruade
Serial Xbee to Xbee

Hello, I have a problem, seemingly simple, but I am not able to solve! I need to send and receive data through a port in linux ... I can open the door, ...
[no replies]
by agile
How to turn on deprecated messages in g++?

I'm using g++ 4.8.1 on Ubuntu 10. #include <iostream> #include <memory> int main() { std::auto_ptr<int> a(new int(5)); std::cout << *a << std...
[4 replies] Last: There are some breaking changes in C++11, but by and large code is exp... (by kbw)
problem in string handling

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> int main(void) { int n=0; char* str=0; printf("enter the size of string"); taking the lenght of the string from us...
[1 reply] : scanf("%n",&n); I presume " %n " is a typo? fflush(stdin); // ... (by cire)
far and near pointer

what is wrong in the given code its not working..... int main(void) { int far* p=0; int near* q=0; int* r=0; printf("p:%d",sizeof(p)); printf("...
[3 replies] Last: Don't use near/far qualifiers. They're a hangover from DOS. They hav... (by kbw)
C++ Code Coverage MAC OSX

I could successfully get code coverage information on our C++ code base on Linux using the GCC features of GCOV and the LCOV tool. But am having trouble in M...
[no replies]
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

When I compile my program using my Makefile I get a segmentation fault. I checked through my code and it looks correct so maybe it's something else I did wrong?...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thank you! (by ADTR2012)
October 2013 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.