UNIX/Linux Programming - October 2013 (Page 3)

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

When I compile my program using my Makefile I get a segmentation fault. I checked through my code an...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thank you! (by ADTR2012)
by deyl
I'm trying to setup Allegro

I'm trying to find a good compiler to use allegro on. I use mac mind you, so I can't use visual stud...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, I did and there is no mac tutorials for code blocks and I cant g... (by deyl)
Simpler way of doing this?

Is their a simpler way of converting an integer to hex in assembly language. This is what I know wo...
[2 replies] Last: yeah no that did not work. (by OLittleO)
coloured output

Q-I want coloured output in my C program while working on vi editor ...... I use textcolor() func...
[1 reply] : The Short Answer: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NCURSES-Programming-HOWTO/... (by agt)
not sure how to fix this.

Okay so basically we have to take a an integer and print out its hex value. From what I was able to ...
[4 replies] Last: So here is the new code it works but I was wondering if there is a sim... (by OLittleO)
mysterious two line shell?

so ill run a command on my linux terminal (im on ubuntu) and then clear it. then i go to check my fa...
[3 replies] Last: I don't recall ever seeing such. However, - I use xterm, not any of ... (by keskiverto)
by deyl
Code Blocks Problems

IM not sure if this is where this should go but, Im encountering a weird problem when trying to buil...
[8 replies] Last: I'm useing a mac. Like I said, If this is the wrong place for this I a... (by deyl)
Reading colums of data

Hello guys, I am a noob in C++ more over on Ubuntu. I need your help pleaseeee!!! I have this data a...
[1 reply] : std::ifstream is("filename"); while (is) { double ca, cw, alfa, c... (by kbw)
Linux Kali VPN Problem:

Ok so i just install linux kali and wanted to setup a vpn so i did this: apt-get install network-...
[1 reply] : You didn't configure the VPN and expect it to work? http://lmgtfy.com... (by kbw)
by mqazi
MakeFile Warning

make: Warning: File `makefile' has modification time 3.1e+02 s in the future how to remove this...
[2 replies] Last: Synchronize the clocks on your network (NTP?) (by kbw)
by mqazi
Project

Need some ideas about project using UNIX programming ... any help will be appreciated thanks
[2 replies] Last: I am beginner with Linux C, just studied threads, processes and file h... (by mqazi)
linux driver programming

I'm toying with the idea of writing a fake audio driver for Linux that I could use to capture audio ...
[5 replies] Last: experience with the side effect of totally not pirating music while I ... (by Cheraphy)
by mqazi
Reading from STDIN

#include<stdio.h> #include<unistd.h> int main(){ int buff ; int bytes = read(STDIN_FILENO, b...
[8 replies] Last: Thank u (by sifat27)
Architecture Question regarding Threading In Low Latency Network Application

Hi, I am building a low latency network application where I have to forward certain packets immed...
[1 reply] : Depending on the size of the packet of the "slow, asynchronous ack", y... (by kooth)
new line

1-> what should I use print new line in my shell scripting program I am using echo...
[2 replies] Last: @mariostg thanx..... (by JAI SINGH)
check new user with /etc/passwd

example # useradd hello how to i suppose to do if hello is existed in passwd file? ...
[2 replies] Last: He would, if he were using C/C++/etc. However, according to his threa... (by keskiverto)
Managing Children Processes

Hey, I'm currently working on an assignment in which we have to create two child processes, have the...
[4 replies] Last: I'm just not sure how to go about making only two child processes, an... (by kbw)
problem with program

I have a fairly simple program that I created using the g++ compiler but keep getting error messages...
[4 replies] Last: perfect! that did it.... lesson learned, thank you! (by miachvyboy)
WIN32_FIND_DATA

I have compiled a program on windows and will like to do the equivalent on Ubuntu. I need help pleas...
[6 replies] Last: You should do filename checks on your own. It's not that hard. (by EssGeEich)
trying to create g++ makefile

I am trying to create a makefile using example.h and example.cpp with 2 test files test1.cpp and tes...
[4 replies] Last: great! thank you! (by miachvyboy)
October 2013 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.