UNIX/Linux Programming - October 2013 (Page 3)

by deyl
I'm trying to setup Allegro

I'm trying to find a good compiler to use allegro on. I use mac mind you, so I can't use visual studios. Any suggestions?
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, I did and there is no mac tutorials for code blocks and I cant g... (by deyl)
Simpler way of doing this?

Is their a simpler way of converting an integer to hex in assembly language. This is what I know works, but I want to know is there an easier/simpler way. ...
[2 replies] Last: yeah no that did not work. (by OLittleO)
coloured output

Q-I want coloured output in my C program while working on vi editor ...... I use textcolor() function and cprintf() function but its not working....? how ...
[1 reply] : The Short Answer: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NCURSES-Programming-HOWTO/... (by agt)
not sure how to fix this.

Okay so basically we have to take a an integer and print out its hex value. From what I was able to gather this was my result however I get an error and I am no...
[4 replies] Last: So here is the new code it works but I was wondering if there is a sim... (by OLittleO)
mysterious two line shell?

so ill run a command on my linux terminal (im on ubuntu) and then clear it. then i go to check my facebook, and come back to the shell, and its like ive hit ent...
[3 replies] Last: I don't recall ever seeing such. However, - I use xterm, not any of ... (by keskiverto)
by deyl
Code Blocks Problems

IM not sure if this is where this should go but, Im encountering a weird problem when trying to build a program on codeblocks. I recently tried to put allegro i...
[8 replies] Last: I'm useing a mac. Like I said, If this is the wrong place for this I a... (by deyl)
Reading colums of data

Hello guys, I am a noob in C++ more over on Ubuntu. I need your help pleaseeee!!! I have this data and will like to read the columns under ca, cw and alpha. How...
[1 reply] : std::ifstream is("filename"); while (is) { double ca, cw, alfa, c... (by kbw)
Linux Kali VPN Problem:

Ok so i just install linux kali and wanted to setup a vpn so i did this: apt-get install network-manager-openvpn apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gno...
[1 reply] : You didn't configure the VPN and expect it to work? http://lmgtfy.com... (by kbw)
by mqazi
MakeFile Warning

make: Warning: File `makefile' has modification time 3.1e+02 s in the future how to remove this warning?
[2 replies] Last: Synchronize the clocks on your network (NTP?) (by kbw)
by mqazi
Project

Need some ideas about project using UNIX programming ... any help will be appreciated thanks
[2 replies] Last: I am beginner with Linux C, just studied threads, processes and file h... (by mqazi)
linux driver programming

I'm toying with the idea of writing a fake audio driver for Linux that I could use to capture audio and write it to audio files. I've done some programming with...
[5 replies] Last: experience with the side effect of totally not pirating music while I ... (by Cheraphy)
by mqazi
Reading from STDIN

#include<stdio.h> #include<unistd.h> int main(){ int buff ; int bytes = read(STDIN_FILENO, buff, 100); int i; for(i = 0; i < bytes; i++) printf("%d...
[8 replies] Last: Thank u (by sifat27)
Architecture Question regarding Threading In Low Latency Network Application

Hi, I am building a low latency network application where I have to forward certain packets immediately upon receipt (I'm currently doing this using a kernel...
[1 reply] : Depending on the size of the packet of the "slow, asynchronous ack", y... (by kooth)
new line

1-> what should I use print new line in my shell scripting program I am using echo "\n"; printf "\n" but both of them is ...
[2 replies] Last: @mariostg thanx..... (by JAI SINGH)
check new user with /etc/passwd

example # useradd hello how to i suppose to do if hello is existed in passwd file? the error will come out user hello exist so my que...
[2 replies] Last: He would, if he were using C/C++/etc. However, according to his threa... (by keskiverto)
Managing Children Processes

Hey, I'm currently working on an assignment in which we have to create two child processes, have them each generate random numbers, write those numbers to a pip...
[4 replies] Last: I'm just not sure how to go about making only two child processes, an... (by kbw)
problem with program

I have a fairly simple program that I created using the g++ compiler but keep getting error messages. would anybody be willing to help me, I can send you the co...
[4 replies] Last: perfect! that did it.... lesson learned, thank you! (by miachvyboy)
WIN32_FIND_DATA

I have compiled a program on windows and will like to do the equivalent on Ubuntu. I need help please. WIN32_FIND_DATA FindData; HANDLE hFind; ...
[6 replies] Last: You should do filename checks on your own. It's not that hard. (by S G H)
trying to create g++ makefile

I am trying to create a makefile using example.h and example.cpp with 2 test files test1.cpp and test2.cpp. The code for each file is created and ready but I a...
[4 replies] Last: great! thank you! (by miachvyboy)
Pipes

Can we Create Pipe between two totally diffrent process ? If yes ,How?
[5 replies] Last: The class features is generically called Interprocess Communication, I... (by kbw)
October 2013 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.