UNIX/Linux Programming - October 2014

First Steps for Students

"Hello World", I am in 3rd Semester(1st half of 2nd year) studying Applied Informatics. I knew some C and C++ before studying, but other than console oriented ...
[1 reply] : It's hard to say, for me anyway. Since you aren't doing computer scie... (by dhayden)
watershed problem

Hello I'm currently working on the localization of elastic waves for a research semester at a university. I use the software Freefem++ in order to solve equ...
[4 replies] Last: hello, thank you for you help ! normally everything works now ! (by agondel)
print complex number as format a+bi , a-bi

A print function that prints the date in the following format of complex numbers such as: a + bi , a – bi this problem how can i solve #ifndef COMPL...
[5 replies] Last: you can declare a friend function in class complexnumber like friend ... (by swling)
ezwin.h

#include "ezwin.h" shows no directory found how can i install ezwin.h and include it in code blocks library so as to use in c++ programming plz help and repl...
[3 replies] Last: You first need to cross-compile the library, then add "include" folder... (by modoran)
error trying to get to serialized subobject data

I am trying to write code that will retrieve the key value from "lasttradeprice" from this url -> http://pubapi.cryptsy.com/api.php?method=singlemarketdata&ma...
[no replies]
Farey Sequence Program.

I'm having problems getting this to work correctly and when I try to run it from the command line I get a Segmentation error. This program is for approximating ...
[7 replies] Last: Are you sure that the logic is correct for that "Farey Sequence"? (by keskiverto)
virtual,binding,c++

#include<iostream> using namespace std; class a { int r; public: virtual void add() { cout<<"in A"; } }; class b: public a ...
[2 replies] Last: ok thnks (by sajid dayer)
Tic Tac Toe: Bug Problem

My program isn't running. can someone please help me find whats wrong and how to fix it? thank you #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> using namespac...
[1 reply] : Hello you have a duplicate over here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/b... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
GCC compiler not recognizing c++11?

How can I fix this?
[2 replies] Last: g++ -std=c++11 main.cpp (by LB)
by Krunal
Having problem with chat client server.. I dont know why server is not sending the message to multiple client

//client.cpp #include<stdio.h> #include<fcntl.h> #include<stdlib.h> //krunal m patel main() { FILE *file1; int fifo_server,fifo_client; char str...
[1 reply] : Please format your code using the format tags. It's impossible to rea... (by kbw)
<chrono> C++11 namespace issues

Hi, I am trying to use <chrono> in ubuntu 14.04 with g++/gcc 4.8.2 and I cannot see the std::chrono namespace. My development enviroment is eclipse luna, usi...
[6 replies] Last: It does: http://ideone.com/wdGGfn (by NoXzema)
extract text from text

how i extract a word from a text like this code that chervil has sent to me: double extract(const string & buf, string from, string to) { double resu...
[6 replies] Last: In this case there is no need to use a stringstream. Its only purpose ... (by Chervil)
search and count letter by pointer

i have a function letter_counting(char * s1,char letter) i want send to function sentence and the user enter letter the function must be search...
[2 replies] Last: Where are you having trouble? Can you post what you have and explain w... (by Zhuge)
by Chubby
need help with makefile

I am try to make a makefile. but didnt work i type touch makefile ---> makefile create ----> in the makefile i write this CC = gcc CFLAGS = -g -Wall ...
[4 replies] Last: There are a number of problems. The target is an executable, not a .c... (by kbw)
Printing all filenames and number of lines/words

Hi, I'm trying to print all the name of the files in the working directory as well as the number of lines and words that each file has next to them i.e f...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, I'm trying to print all the name of the files in the working dire... (by kbw)
Running shell commands...?

I can run a shell command with: #include <iostream> #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std; s...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! I'm rather upset at myslef for not catching such a simple m... (by jadedcplus)
Makefile that gives two .exe

Hey everyone, I'm trying to do a makefile that spits out two .exe. The files that I have are stack.h, teststack.cpp, and main.cpp. The thing is that stack.h and...
[1 reply] : PROG1 = prog1 PROG1_SRCS = teststack.cpp PROG2 = prog2 PROG2_SRCS = ... (by kbw)
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.