UNIX/Linux Programming - October 2017

getting segmentation fault (error occured)

Hi I am getting segmentation fault when I try to copy 1 vector to another vector... it occurs only when I try to input stats the second time and then calling th...
[4 replies] Last: Watch out for this kind of errors as they can spend a lot of your time... (by benhart)
by GTR4j
Terminal cp error

Directions: Make a new directory called polygon. Copy the program lines.c ( or lines.cpp ) (from /pool/u/class/cs420/viewport) to your polygon directory. I ...
[2 replies] Last: Fascinating. First, there is use of A&B as in: $ echo foo & echo bar... (by keskiverto)
X11 How to get window data pointer?

On the Wikipedia page for multiple buffering, under page flipping it says: In the page-flip method, instead of copying the data, both buffers are capable of ...
[5 replies] Last: If you've configured X to use double buffering, there should be a func... (by helios)
by zepher
customized watchdog for linux daemons

I have a linux production server that has a number of background/ daemon process running on it that I want to monitor. Unfortunately some of these daemons are ...
[3 replies] Last: I know a website of components, hope it can help you http://www.findic... (by Tooom)
Displaying data from an array of files.

/*---------------------------------------------------------------*/ /* When I compile this program, I get the correct output for the first data file. But on the...
[2 replies] Last: So it actually works, just a grammatical error on my part. Thank you f... (by ehsan96696)
Game of Life in C++

Hey there people. This will be my first post in this forum, pleased to meet you all. So, I have received this assignment for my college class of Object Oriente...
[4 replies] Last: in c/c++ you have to provide include guards to prevent multiple defini... (by rottenpamiro)
by alexBB
Passing an array to a subroutine

I have this Ubuntu C++ package. Everything works but I need it to work as fast as it can, so I am trying to salvage microseconds. I want to make sure that when ...
[5 replies] Last: vector<complex<double>> should solve the first of those. Fixing the ... (by Repeater)
Segmentation fault (core dump)

Hi, I'm trying to learn quick sort. Right now, the code compiles but it shows me a segmentation error (core dump). I have tried to look it up online but I'm ne...
[3 replies] Last: Those kind of errors could have been spotted earlier if detected while... (by benhart)
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.