UNIX/Linux Programming - September 2013 (Page 2)

need some help with a program

OK im gonna post the program i need to make and ill show you guys my code and ill explain my problem The program should prompt the user for the total num...
[1 reply] : Hi seanybarra: First of all, you have a semi-colon ending your "while... (by kooth)
Get all strings until the last occurrence of a certain character.

Hi All, Is there a fast way in C to get all string until last occurrence of a certain character. for example I have string: 'home/user/dir/file.txt' I want t...
[2 replies] Last: why not use c++ with <string>? (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Code::Blocks No Permission

This is what I get when I execute a program sh: 1: /home/captainblastxd/Documents/Programming/Learned/Primer/Testing/bin/Debug/Testing: Permission denlied ...
[8 replies] Last: Just did sudo chmod 777 /home/captainblastxd/Documents/Programmin... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
C++ in Makefile

Hi, I am facing the following problem while trying to run a C++ code in Makefile. Please suggest a solution to rectify this: $ make ccache g++ -ggdb -f...
[3 replies] Last: (he's already been answered in two other threads) (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
cd patch

so one thing that really bugged me about the linux cd was if i had lets say this in folder temp: main.cpp a.out connect.exe download_files (which is a direc...
[5 replies] Last: ah never mind. i didnt know about all of that (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
free(): invalid next size

Can anyone help with the following error, I would greatly appreciate it. I wrote a test program to try out the FFTW3 library, using floats. It works perfectl...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. The problem was line 117. It should have been ind = (kk* *(th... (by edreams)
C++ Linux Sockets

Hello Everyone, I want to measure socket transfer rate from my C++ code. I't possible to do ? And how to do that ? Regards Mrjojan
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your Reply, I`m using POSIX library, My C++ server conne... (by mrjojan)
by mogha
Building on basis of 32bit and 64bit on solaris

Hi, I need to generate executable for 32 and 64 bit both on Solaris. Is there any macro that can be used to differentiate between both of them like in wind...
[1 reply] : It kind of depends on what version of Solaris you are using. Read thi... (by kooth)
profiler for Lubuntu?

hello everybody i was told that i shouldn't use a system task manager to measure the CPU usage of my c++ program. instead, i should use a profiler. after so...
[1 reply] : http://www.cs.utah.edu/dept/old/texinfo/as/gprof.html (by ne555)
Begin the code from where it had stopped

I have written a code which takes 5-6 days to run completely (it is a time loop). I am writing the output data in a file, but due to power cuts the code gets s...
[3 replies] Last: The code is actually calculating the pressure and velocity at various ... (by nipunarora088)
Splitting off recvfrom's to other threads..

Let's say client sends five 2,500 byte sized packets to server in five different threads. Likewise, the server has an processing thread that reads these packet...
[6 replies] Last: Also you should reconsider using a pool of threads (5 in your case) w... (by LuckyIsDog)
output in color(using unix) in c++

I am using c++ in unix. I need colored output. I tried many commands like system("color") and all. Can anyone please explain me with an example from beginning t...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2616906/how-do-i-output-coloured-te... (by htirwin)
Unix on Windows?

Hello guys, I'm currently learning how to program in c++. I use CodeBlocks for this. I learn it through a book. Until now, everything was ok, I understood all ...
[10 replies] Last: Linux OS's heavily dominate the server and supercomputer domains. A... (by htirwin)
upgrading to a c++11 compiler(preferably gcc)

so i am running ubuntu 12.04 and it does have a c++ compiler, however, it is giving errors and i think its because im using a range-based for loop. ive run sudo...
[12 replies] Last: this was the method that i used to upgrade in my ubuntu distros to 4.7... (by metulburr)
static void thread cannot access class members

I have a thread inside a class but it requires the thread to be declared static. And with it being static, it cannot access class member functions. How ...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry. I'm not using boost thread. Is there a pthread example? Edit: ... (by LuckyIsDog)
Thread opened in a class, can't continue main?

How can I make it so that opening a thread in a class would not entirely stop the main function? I start the class from main() and it automatically starts ...
[1 reply] : Got the answer. Instead of using pthread_join I used pthread_tryjoin_... (by LuckyIsDog)
September 2013 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.