UNIX/Linux Programming - September 2015

by bahat
program execute but output negative answer

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main () { ifstream inFile; ofstream outFile; int sa, ...
[1 reply] : And we're supposed to work that out without seeing the values? Have yo... (by kbw)
pthread not cancels

So this is my code.This should send infinite lines with word "test" while I am holding Middle Mouse.But when I press Middle mouse for 1 second it just goes on a...
[3 replies] Last: The code's a bit messy with globals, magic numbers, ... I can see wha... (by kbw)
Creating multiple processes in UNIX

Hello, I'd like to write a program that creates multiple child processes in C. For instance, I begin with one process, this process creates only one child. The...
[1 reply] : wait() blocks. You'll eventually need to use waitpid(). (by kbw)
by bahat
please help

i have been trying the normal "gcc inputfilename -o outputfname/dd.cpp" format on my fedora 22 os but unfortunately for me i have been getting error message abo...
[1 reply] : Would you be able to tell us what the error exactly says? We can't hel... (by Radar)
by bahat
compiler

my compiler is given me error message like cant compile. And i cant use anjuta, have tried it but its not compiling because i cant get the "glib" dep. Am curren...
[no replies]
by iydh
INFINITE WHILE LOOP

Hello guys! I need your help. I keep getting infinite loops when ever my answer is out from Y or N. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ ...
[8 replies] Last: 0 is neither positive nor negative ;) (by LB)
Limiting processor speed for users?

Sorry for the lack of programming in this question, just hoping there are a couple of linux guru's who can help me out. I have looked into CGroups which can ...
[3 replies] Last: If this is "your home box" then I suppose you are running a virtual ma... (by modoran)
by nelone
Optimization problem

When I compile my program without optimization flag, it works fine g++ -std=c++11 -o app `xml2-config --cflags` app.cpp `xml2-config --libs` -static-libgcc -st...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by nelone)
need information about regex library in C++ ..ASAP

Hello Fourm Memebrs, As my first topic, i wish Hai to all the members and admin team. issue. i am not able to use regex in my C++ program and getting be...
[3 replies] Last: You need to compile as C++11 (or later). g++ -std=c++11 scan_expr.cp... (by Peter87)
implement classic DoS flood attack

Hi guys and girls. Need a help in this classwork. Did not understand very much In order to implement the classic DoS flood attack, the attacker must generate...
[5 replies] Last: thanks :) (by csstudent123)
adafruit dht library, pi_2_mmio will not compile

I'm working with the c code in the dht library to control a DHT 11 with a raspberry pi using c++. However my code will not compile, it throws these errors: p...
[1 reply] : why is the compiler reading the assignment statement as a second defi... (by Peter87)
by voosey
How to change color of text on LInux

Hey guys. I'm using CodeBlocks on my Ubuntu. Trying to figure out how to change console text color with C++. Every place I look has windows.h and I am not using...
[2 replies] Last: Nice. Thank you. At first I didn't understand it. 30-37 foreground col... (by voosey)
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.