UNIX/Linux Programming - September 2017

rtl_fm UDP Streaming Server

I would like to listen to the radio on my Android phone using rtl_fm and udp streaming server. Please tell me how to transfer sound information from rtl_fm.
[no replies]
How do i create my own game engine from scratch with C++

So i was searching for answer for this question and i didn't find any good answers even not helping with anything else saying thats its better to use linux for ...
[3 replies] Last: What I thought when I read this is basically the same as what everyone... (by Bitshift)
i want to play sound data in wavfile

i can make wavfile with c language. And i would play wavfile. but i want to play wavfile without playsound function. if i have wavfile data, How i make so...
[4 replies] Last: Perhaps days 7, 8 and 9 of Casey Muratori's "Handmade Hero" will help ... (by Repeater)
Linux "API" like WinAPI for GUI programming?

Hi guys, currently I'm trying to create a free, open-source C++ framework to create platform-independent executables. I have to admit I'm not able to set up ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for all your answers. I've found a solution working for me. (by olfibits)
print number of active process in linux

Hi I am making a c++ code with fork() creating childs. How can I print the total amount of processes running on my linux operating system? I don't need ...
[6 replies] Last: One way you could do this is by counting the number of directories und... (by Galik)
by Ma92
programming

can any one tell me what are the basics of unix and linux programming , i mean what should i need to learn , master or practice . which book i should read to le...
[1 reply] : Linux system programming by o reily is a little dry - maybe use it wit... (by devonrevenge)
by geegee
optimize buildprocess

Hello, building a Gtkmm-programm (and its dependencies) with the wrong compilerdialekt (requires >= ISO C++ 2011) produces lots of unnessessary messages. There...
[no replies]
by alexBB
Using gdb

Hi there. I had a huge C++ Ubuntu source file and I broke it in a few smaller pieces. Now the main with some source code has #include "file.cpp"[\b] etc. It wo...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, @mbozzi. I am including source files because otherwise it i... (by alexBB)
C++0x concurrency not work properly in Ubuntu in Virtualbox

Hello guys, Source cod: #include <future> #include <mutex> #include <iostream> #include <string> std::mutex printMutex; // enable synchronized outp...
[1 reply] : I'm not really sure what kind of answer you're looking for. Without th... (by helios)
New help with compiler errors-Adjacency Matrix

Errors: So I have errors that I need help fixing for c++11. This deals with undirected graph in the format of adjacency matrix. prompt: Write a C++ 11 functi...
[1 reply] : using namespace std; ¿do you understand what that means? error: ... (by ne555)
Help! I think echo $TERM not working

For my intro to linux class, I had to set TERM=dumb (the original value for TERM=xterm-256color) This was part of our homework assignment to intro to environmen...
[3 replies] Last: I had to set TERM How did you do that? Just on shell or also in conf... (by keskiverto)
Adjacency Matrix

SO I know what the adjacency matrix does, but I am stuck on how to implement to check to see if each nodes are an adjacent and return as true if they are in ter...
[no replies]
transferring files using SFTP

Is it possible to transfer a file using the SFTP command from my remote machine to local machine in a specific directory? The command below gets the job done...
[2 replies] Last: Can you use rsync ? That is a very versatile tool (and does use ssh t... (by keskiverto)
Output of PDF to CP1250 character conversion on Linix

This is the output of my code - Linux - gcc which are to convert pdf string 12ŠĐČĆ34 to cp1250....The file is on Notepad++ with encoding utf8 without BOM. ...
[no replies]
Curious about ARM (Advanced RISC Machine) development

If I were to buy a Hackberry A10 EVB board, it comes with Android Ice Cream, and it's Linux capable. But can I also run these systems as a bare metal device an...
[1 reply] : Boards ,EVB board are design to accommodated as much input output. thi... (by Emma1)
Where and how does linux event generate?

Hello,there is a subtle question that captures my mind. Where and how does linux event generate? For example: When we create a event fd by calling eventfd(0,...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for replying. Actually I'm looking up the source and some unix ... (by blackwall)
Hello, I have questions for this. please read ...

This below code is excerpts from linux kernel fault.c. #ifdef CONFIG_X86_64 /* * Instruction fetch faults in the vsyscall page might need * emulat...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you mbozzi. your answer gude me to understand the quoted code. ... (by lovejoy226)
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.