>IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
>FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT
>SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR ANYONE DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE BE LIABLE
>FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
>ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
>DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
>
>
>This is a boost license and excites me because there is no post that certain areas cannot be included which seems rather common. Could you tell me if this license is acceptable without the usual restraints?
>
>Thanks so much,
>
>Josheir
>
>P.S. Than why in the world do most agreements have a disclaimer?
>

>That is not the entire Boost license. For that, see here:
>http://www.boost.org/users/license.html
>
>Licenses protect people from other people. I like the Boost software license. It means anyone can use my code, however they want, so long as they don't claim they wrote it, and they can't sue me for anything they do with it.
>
>
>By the way, whenever you have a question, it is likely that someone else on the forum has that same question. You should post so that everyone can see your question and the answers it gets. (Also, you might get a better answer than mine.)
>
>Hope this helps.

I guess what I'm asking is if this part of the license is used for any other software does it prevent legal matters (law suit, etc.) will it protect me legally? I question this because most software has a statement that legal protection cannot be given in some areas if there are damages because of the software on their computers, etc. I wonder if this is the solution, or perhaps : you may not use this software where...?

Thank you,

Josh
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.