SQL programming: need a start

I have been offered to help out with a website, but I need an SQL library.

they are using Navicat for MySQLite. I am not exactly sure what I need... Any help is greatly appreciated.
MySQLite
That's not even a thing, or rather its a combination of two seperate things, MySQL and SQLite.

Are you looking for a c++ sql lib, if so sqlapi is easy (google it), though I don't see how a c++ lib will hero worth making a website.

Do you know any SQL?
Nope, but I will learn.

Apparently the website also has a database that needs to be managed. Obviously it would be better written in C++, than in C#.
Last edited on
i can't get the library built... typical...
IWishIKnew wrote:
Obviously it would be better written in C++, than in C#.
That would depend entirely on what needs to be done. Can you describe the tasks you need to complete?

i can't get the library built... typical...
Have you tried the binary packages?
binary packages.... Sorry... I am lacking in the knowledge of all the many different libraries that apparently can be used with MinGW... or any compiler for that matter...

Also... mabey someone could brief me on any standard procedures involved in installing libraries... you know, the stuff no one ever says, because I can tell there is obviously some information missing in the instructions that they assume I'm supposed to know.
Last edited on
A binary package is just a precompiled package. So you don't have to build it yourself.

Installing a library is pretty simple. It just seems like a huge pain at first. All it takes is sticking the .lib files in some directory, and .h files in another. Then you tell your linker to point to the directory of the .lib files, and set your include path to include the directory of the .h files. This varies between IDEs and compilers.
IWishIKnew wrote:
Obviously it would be better written in C++, than in C#.

For a website? hmm no... C# would be what you want to use, with ASP.Net and LINQ
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.