Compiler Setup - Undefined Reference

I wanted to setup a compiler for my Windows partition.
To get it stright out i've got some reference errors while compiling.

Programming Editor: Code::Blocks
compiler:
g++

Compiler Dir:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\include

Linker Dir:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib

Linker iotions:
-lmingw32
-lSDL
-lSDLmain
-lSDL_image

Included Librarys:
#include <SDL/SDL.h>
#include <SDL/SDL_image.h>
#include <string>

Build log of CodeBlocks

-------------- Build: Debug in test (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib"  -o bin\Debug\test.exe obj\Debug\character.o obj\Debug\main.o   -lmingw32 -lSDL -lSDLmain -lSDL_image   -mwindows
C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib/libSDLmain.a(SDL_win32_main.o): In function `redirect_output':
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:219: undefined reference to `SDL_strlcpy'
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:220: undefined reference to `SDL_strlcat'
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:243: undefined reference to `SDL_strlcpy'
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:244: undefined reference to `SDL_strlcat'
C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib/libSDLmain.a(SDL_win32_main.o): In function `console_main':
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:296: undefined reference to `SDL_strlcpy'
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:300: undefined reference to `SDL_Init'
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:301: undefined reference to `SDL_GetError'
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:312: undefined reference to `SDL_SetModuleHandle'
C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib/libSDLmain.a(SDL_win32_main.o): In function `WinMain@16':
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:354: undefined reference to `SDL_getenv'
/Users/slouken/release/SDL/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:386: undefined reference to `SDL_strlcpy'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
10 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
Last edited on
Are the SDL libraries actually in the linker dir? That's the only real problem I see off hand.
Here is the Filetree of my lib directory (kinda messy because I tried many variations over some hours)
i had to put it in pastebin (because its to long to post here)
http://pastebin.com/i2FzauEr
After deleting the whole mess and an resetup it seems to work more or less.
I'm using SDL2.0 now but somehow it says that it doesnt know SDL_GetvideoSurface is there a way to still use it?

C:\Users\theblackdog\Documents\test\character.cpp:11:16: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]
C:\Users\theblackdog\Documents\test\character.cpp: In member function 'void character::show()':
C:\Users\theblackdog\Documents\test\character.cpp:22:61: error: 'SDL_GetVideoSurface' was not declared in this scope
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
1 errors, 1 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

or not it says it to everything....
it seems that really much has changed to 2.0

Update:
after the setup of the normal (old) SDL it compiles
ut when i run it a window appears and dissappears:

Checking for existence: C:\Users\theblackdog\Documents\test\bin\Debug\test.exe
Executing: "C:\Users\theblackdog\Documents\test\bin\Debug\test.exe"  (in C:\Users\theblackdog\Documents\test\.)
Process terminated with status -1073741819 (0 minutes, 4 seconds)

Update:
compiling a simple test programm with SDL works now so the compiler itself should do the job (will make a new topic)
*mark as solved*
thanks
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.