Unqualified id before numeric constant? *PLEASE HELP*

Okay, I have been on this for 2 days. I feel like I have scavenged the entire internet for an answer. Okay, so, the reason I put this in the Windows Programming Forum, is because it has to do with creating my menu. I don't think putting my main.cpp file, so I am gonna put my resource.h and resource.rc in here.

resource.h
#define menu1 101
#define IDI_MYICON 201

#define ID_FILE_EXIT 9001
#define ID_STUFF_GO 9002

resource.rc
#include "resource.h"

menu1 MENU
BEGIN
    POPUP "&File"
    BEGIN
        MENUITEM "E&xit", ID_FILE_EXIT
    END

POPUP "&Stuff"
    BEGIN
        MENUITEM "&Go", ID_STUFF_GO
        MENUITEM "G&o somewhere else", 0, GRAYED
    END
END

So, anyway, I have something like this in another thread, but I posted it again, except for just this one error. I apologize for my impatience, but this is driving me nuts! Please help... I would be eternally grateful.

EDIT: Error on line 5 of resource.rc
Last edited on
is the error on this line?

MENUITEM "G&o somewhere else", 0, GRAYED

Are you writing the resource.rc file by hand and not using a graphical editor?

Yes. I am doing Windows API with Forgers Win32 digital book, and this is halting me through the book. I used Qt, but I want to know how to do it from scratch before just taking the easy way out, to increase my knowledge. Just my way of doing things. And what would be the problem with that line? I am sorry for being unspecific, heheh, but the error is on line 5 of resource.rc. I will add that in the thread.
Last edited on
wow. r u kidding me. It was 2 letters i had to change (.rc to .h). Thank you SO much
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.