C++ Builder Help

Hello Guys..

I know how to compile a c++ and run it using Borland C++ Compiler.

But I wonder if I can make it a proper windows program to run in a proper window and not via CMD.

I installed Borland C++ Builder, and I am in need for a book or a website that I can learn how to build c++ application.

Thanks
I've put some getting started matter here ...

http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=3389.0

However, if your Borland compiler is from the mid nineties I'd fear it might not be able to deal with the more modern data types involving the UNICODE character set. If you search for Forger's Win32 Tutorial you'll come up with a link to that, and its good material. Also, it doesn't use the UNICODE character set, so you might get by with it. My stuff uses UNICODE, so you may not be able to compile my code with your old compiler. Not sure.

You might want to consider getting a newer build system, such as Mingw Code::Blocks or Visual Studio Express. They are both free. I've nnothing against Borland's stuff - in its day it was quite good. Its just a bit dated is all.

Also, the best book has always been Charles Petzold's "Programming Windows". That may be difficult for you to obtain due to cost though. It'll likely get rarer vand rarer all the time. When I saw your question I thought of Charles Petzold's 4th edition circa 1995 or s0, but I didn't see it listed even used on Amazon.com. Couple years back they were selling for only two or three dollars, as everyone wanted the 5th edition. For your old Borland compiler though the 4th edition would work if you could find it.
Last edited on
Thanks a lot :)
thanks a lot also from my side... because i needed of this type of info... :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.