Send simple data to ATA port

Hey guys. I hit a wall over here. I found a couple of projects that send complex commands to ATA ports, however I only need to send a series of bits.
Basically what I need to do is enable or disable a pin, manually. I don't need complex commands that request and interpret data, I just want to set one of the data pins to enabled.
I thought that, with all the complex programs there are there, there would be at least a simple one; but I found nothing.
Any tips are greatly appreciated!
Best regards,
Brreakerr
i think you can do this with boost::asio. if there is a windows implementation of termios.h i think you can use that
Unfortunately, boost::asio only offers COM connection and there is no termio.h for windows...Thank you for your time!
I'm not sure exactly what it is you need (I have never used ATA before), but a quick look through MSDN brought this up: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559309(v=vs.85).aspx - see if it (or its references) are what you are looking for.

Otherwise, see how those projects that send complex commands to ATA work - you may be able to implement something similar.
The problem with this is that I can only send predetermined messages. What I am looking for is something, if possible, as the portout PortAsHex, integer that was available in Basic. (Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, I tried Basic and came out empty handed)
Thank you again for your time!
Also, a bit offtopic, but if someone has any idea about how I should be able to do it more or less in assembly (I know a bit of assembly, I'mma look up some references right now, but I'm quite afraid of damaging and/or corrupting the memory sectors)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.