Compilers on Windows for c/++ and more.

Hi i'm looking for a list of compilers that support a broad amount of languages on a windows platform. If you know compilers that work better than a collection of compilers you should type those names too.

Thanks.
Last edited on
A single compiler supporting more than one language?
Do you mean an IDE with support for developing in more than one language?

Eclipse and Visual Studio come in mind if you are talking about IDEs
Well on linux gcc/++ is what I use. I'm currently on windows. I haven't used it for 4-5 years.
@code-walker: he probably meant what he asked. you would be hard pressed to find an ide that didnt support more than language, so he wouldnt have run into the problem. @brokenbot: what kind of languages were you looking for
@Little Bobby Tables: Sorry my little mind thinks that one compiler cannot compile more than one languages. There is only one-one mapping between language and compiler.

Even GCC home page says "The GNU Compiler Collection includes front ends for C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, Java, Ada, and Go, as well as libraries for these languages" (emphasis is mine)

@brokenbot: Now I see you meant tool-chain/compiler collection. You can use GCC Compiler Collection on Windows, my bad. Look at MinGW toolchain. Alternatively you can use Cygwin and GCC which comes with it.
You can also install MinGW versions on Cygwin, and then cross-compile for native windows (Cygwin version of binaries is dependent on DLL from cygwin)
no problem ;) and +1 for gcc. i was going to suggest that
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.