CaptureStackBackTrace codeblocks?

I am going to have a crash handler function for my game server. This is important because I need to have a log of the stack and registers ect. The problem is when I include Windows.h it can not find it in the header? are my headers out of date or something?

Thanks,
Dan
bump
The problem is when I include Windows.h it can not find it in the header?

Cannot find what in Windows.h?
Last edited on
msdn wrote:
The CaptureStackBackTrace function is defined as the RtlCaptureStackBackTrace function
If you are using official Microsoft compiler then all you need to include is windows.h. If you are using another compiler like MinGW which only has partial support for windows API then is another story ...
I'd just like to add that Code::Blocks plays along with the MS compiler (cl.exe) just fine. This is actually the setup that I use.
Latest version of cl.exe is the one that came with VS 2010, for later version you must setup manually the paths requires, not an easy task for a beginner.

However, there is an option to use LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress every time MinGW does not came with required function signature (MinGW-64 have an updated winapi runtime, always use it even for 32 bit binaries).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.