scrolling popup menu via Page Up/Down

In the case where a popup menu is too long to fit on the screen, I would like it to scroll in response to the Page Up, Page Down, Home, and End keys. Is there any way to accomplish this? It would also be nice if the menu scrolled in response to the mouse wheel. It seems that by default the only way to scroll a popup menu is via the arrow buttons at the top and bottom of the menu, or via the up and down keys. This is counter-intuitive, particularly on small screens.

I understand that long popup menus are suboptimal, and that the stock behavior may be Microsoft's subtle way of discouraging me from using such menus, but I want it to work better regardless. I would be willing to use a hook function if necessary, however even if I manage to intercept the relevant keys it's not obvious how I can tell the menu to scroll, since it isn't a window.

I have observed this behavior on Windows 7 using Common Controls 6, in both Aero and Classic themes. Is the behavior likely to differ in Windows 8, and/or in later versions of Common Controls?

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.