How to create a magnifier tool in c++ and win32 api

That is In my image window i need to magnify the portion of image as i move the mouse pointer.

Someone help me to proceed this.

Thanks
Last edited on
Is this academic or practical? The practical solution would be to simply invoke "magnify.exe" which has been a standard accessibility utility on Windows since 2k. Conveniently it is also right there in System32 so you don't need to add it to the search path and it executes with the highest allowable rights for the users security token without the need for a UAC elevation prompt.

If your interest is academic then this project would be a PITA.
I am working in imaging application created using c++ and win32api ,now i need to create a magnifier for it so that portion of image is magnified when i move the mouse over the image. I need to create this using c++ and win32api.

How to do this please help me give some idea about achieving this.
Thanks
If all you want is to magnify only your application window then you can get rid with simple device contexts manipulation, no need for invoking accesibility APIs at all.

The thing is -> you have mouse coordonates, you have applications coordonates as well, just do the math and display only that you need (zoomed in ). Accesibility APIs do that for every application windows, does not matter if yours or not. You can still use them if you want.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.