Server communication

Hi there. I have an interesting question but i've never worked with online servers, nor anything that connects windows app with internet so i might say something unreasonable or stupid.

I tried to find a way to communicate with servers of a multyplayer game League of Legends, and collect info that i would use in a form and display it later (ladders, game info such as level, elo, etc) but have no clue how (had some ideas but they are just from my personal experience dont think it'd actually work). There are some web sites which provide that info:

www.lolking.net
www.lolnexus.com
www.op.gg
etc

So to be clear my question is how to collect info from the game server which i will use in a windows form later.

If anyone has any idea about my question, or where to begin my research i'd be gratefull. Any ideas are desired.

Thanks,
Plavša.
The best way to do it is to use an API which is published by the game developers. They have designed an interface for this exact purpose:

https://developer.riotgames.com/

Aside from that, if you don't intend to parse the results yourself and reimplement REST protocol, I suggest using some library.
Never thought that they made it like that. Thank you so much, I appreciate it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.