C++ logging

Hi,
Does anyone know about C++ logging library which can filter out certain classes to be logged only in an application.

Basically, I will put the logging in my whole application. But I want to see the logging of certain parts of the application. I will turn it on/off using some configuration file.

Thanks.
Thanks for your reply.

Basically, I want to do tracing in my application code. I have lots of classes which will trace their data. I will restrict the tracing by using different levels e.g. INFO, WARNING, DEBUGGING and ERROR. I also need to restrict the tracing using different categories as well.

Is there any library which can restrict the application tracing using level and category filters.

Regards.
Have you never used Windows Event Viewer? It's been built into Windows since about 2K IIRC. I linked you to the exact tool that you are looking for, yours is not a unique need.

I will restrict the tracing by using different levels e.g. INFO, WARNING, DEBUGGING and ERROR.

The only 'level' not built into Event Viewer is DEBUGGING which IMO would be informational with the 'Task Catagory' field set to indicate that it is a debugging information entry: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc765981.aspx

To answer your question, yes, there is a library to fulfill your need. It is 'Wevtapi.lib'.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.