Possible to Program with Sound Recorder

I am not sure if I am posting in the correct place, but I had a question is this was possible and it would really help me with school.

I use "Sound Recorder" a lot during my class lectures in graduate school, and I like to write the beginning time of each slide in a slide set. I always have to type the time, for example lets say the timer on sound recorder is 17:49 I would have to type 1749 on the slide before taking notes of what the professor it saying.

I am wondering now, is it possible to program something with Sound Recorder so with the push of any one button it will right the "time stamp" for you.

So instead of having to type it out manually everytime I can simply push a button so it does it automatically.

Format example so if the timer is
1:01:44, if I push a button it will paste on the written document/slide 10144
34:12 comes out as 3412.

I've been googling this every where to be able to do this but I cannot find a way, so if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

You can also e-mail me at xtophu@gmail.com
I would suggest downloading a more robust sound recorder such as Audacity.
Does audacity have the ability to time stamp the current time of the recording? I just want to be able to time stamp with the push of a button.

OR does anyone know a program that does this?
With audacity, when recording, pressing CTRL+M adds a, uh, "timestamp".
They will only be stored when saving as an Audacity project (exporting will erase the timestamps).

Basically:

You record and let Audacity record.
You press CTRL+M whenever you want a timestamp.
You write the timestamp's description, and press enter, and bam, you're done.
The thing is, the "timestamp" would be on the Audacity program. I want a time stamp on my powerpoint not the program.

I want to push CTRL+M and then it stamps the time on my current document I am writing in.
You should use tools like Spy++ that came with windows SDK and reverse engineer a bit , then use APIs like FindWindow, WM_GETTEXT and WM_SETTEXT to write your own application that does that for you.
Perhaps you could just add the current clock time to your powerpoints? Then, you could save your recordings with the clock time that they were started at which would allow you to calculate a time offset to skip to in the recording file.
Last edited on
Kevinkjt2000, I cannot do that I would have to calculate the times for thousands of slides on my class lectures, that's definitely way too much.

Modoran - I unfortunately do not know how to use write my own application. Maybe someone could help me or show me or do one for me if possible, I would appreciate it.
The calculation is a very simple difference of two times. If you are worried that thousands of subtraction operations will be slow, then do not worry because thosands of subtractions can be done in milliseconds.
Is there someone that can show me how to this? It would really help me! :D
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.