Updated VS, now I am getting a few errors. Now what?

I finally realised an update was available (Visual Studio 2013 Update 4) for Visual Studio, so I updated it.

Now I am getting a few errors:

Error	1	error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'	H:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	218	1	GameDll
Error	5	error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'	H:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	219	1	GameDll
Error	10	error C2253: 'IPlayerProfile::CreateLoadGame' : pure specifier or abstract override specifier only allowed on virtual function	H:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	219	1	GameDll
Error	9	error C2253: 'IPlayerProfile::CreateSaveGame' : pure specifier or abstract override specifier only allowed on virtual function	H:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	218	1	GameDll
Error	6	error C2433: 'IPlayerProfile::ILoadGame' : 'virtual' not permitted on data declarations	H:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	219	1	GameDll
Error	2	error C2433: 'IPlayerProfile::ISaveGame' : 'virtual' not permitted on data declarations	H:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	218	1	GameDll
Error	3	error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int	H:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	218	1	GameDll
Error	7	error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int	H:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	219	1	GameDll
	14	IntelliSense: identifier "ILoadGame" is undefined	h:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	219	10	CryActionInterfaces
	15	IntelliSense: identifier "IParticleEmitter" is undefined	h:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryCommon\IEntity.h	936	10	CryActionInterfaces
	16	IntelliSense: identifier "IParticleEmitter" is undefined	h:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryCommon\IEntity.h	973	45	CryActionInterfaces
	13	IntelliSense: identifier "ISaveGame" is undefined	h:\GNServer\Code\CryEngine\CryAction\IPlayerProfiles.h	218	10	CryActionInterfaces

I didn't get these errors before the update, how do I get rid of them?
The code itself is perfectly fine.

I have tried using a completely fresh copy of the game SDK I'm using, and I still get the error.

These errors have absolutely nothing to do with the code (since a simple update of the IDE shouldn't 'break' the code), so please don't suggest fixes such as 'don't use a virtual'.

Thanks.
Can you post the relevant parts of IPlayerProfile.h?
It's got nothing to do with the code; why should it? The update shouldn't have affected the file, especially since I downloaded a fresh copy.
The update was from the Microsoft website so it's official, and my copy of Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate is from my college's Dreamspark Premium subscription so that's fully legit and activated also.

Here's the relevant parts of IPlayerProfile.h:

// save game stuff
	virtual ISaveGameEnumeratorPtr CreateSaveGameEnumerator() = 0;
	virtual ISaveGame* CreateSaveGame() = 0;
	virtual ILoadGame* CreateLoadGame() = 0;
	virtual bool DeleteSaveGame(const char* name) = 0;

I've uploaded the full file to my Google Drive, the link is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3oxCtiOV-NEUGZka2U3cFMxM1E/view?usp=sharing
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.