Makeing a server for a game

I'm making a server for a real-time multiplayer game and need some tips on how to make it as good as it can be.

I have tried this code ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms737593%28v=vs.85%29.aspx ) but have trouble using it and not sure if it's best for this? (it woks correctly tho)

Also there will be a master server to witch this server will report, so it will also have to act as a client.

The client will be written in javascript.
Btw is using Ajax to communicate with the server a good idea?
Last edited on
The link is broken.

By the way, C/C++ != Javascript. It's nothing like it. Assuming that is WinSock, it won't work. Look for Javascript's socket API (WebSockets IIRC).
Last edited on
Link was not broken, it only thought ) was a part of the address, fixed it now.

client is in javascript, game_server is in c++, master_server is in php (it lets you chose game_server and redirects you)
Oh, okay. I guess I read the OP wrong. If you want to learn WinSock then you should use Beej's tutorials. You wont really learn good server architecture, but you will learn WinSock (which is almost exactly the same as BSD sockets). After that, I recommend you search how open source game servers do what they do on GitHub.
Ok thanks
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.