How to create a .exe file in VS2008 express

Hello

I dont really know how to create a exe file in VS2008 express.

I am using classes to also ive checked the folder but i did not find any release folder.

Thanks in advance
Write a program and compile it by pressing the F7 key. You can also press Ctrl+F7 to run it.
The thing is, i found a .exe in the debug folder and it works on my pc but when i send it to someone it gives an error.

i always compile by F7 or ctrl + F7 first then run
You need to statically link your libraries and install the runtime libraries on the other person's computer.
So there is actually no way to just compile an exe on this pc and then send it to another person without encountering errors?
What is the error?
Try setting your project to RELEASE mode instead of DEBUG mode and compile it and send it to other person's computer.
If an error still occur, post it here and we'll try to fix it.
Alright, by the way how do i set it to release mode?
Follow this steps:
1. In you VS2008 IDE -> Solution Explorer, Right-click on your Solution.
2. The Solution <your solution name> Property Pages show, click the Configuration Manager button at the top right of the dialog.
3. The Configuration Manager dialog show, in the Active solution configuration section, select Release from the dropdown box.
4. Select Release also in the Configuration column in the grid just below the Active solution configuration section.
5. Click Close.
6. Click Ok
7. Compile/build and distribute your .exe file under the Release folder, not in the Debug folder.
Thanks, I followed your steps and it works both on my pc and the other persons .

Thanks for your support :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.