SDL C++ lag

Well, first, I want to say that this is my first post on this forum. I hope I am not breaking any rule by making this post, however, I am kind of frustrated, and that is why I am seeking help from experts.

I am a begineer in C++ and I recently started learning SDL (v1.3). I am using gcc compiler and I am using codeblocks as my IDE. My PC characteristics (if it helps):
- Windows 7
- Intel core i5
- ati Radeon Graphics HD 6379M (1gb)
- 4 gb RAM

. Currently I am trying to make a classic "ship-shooter" game (like 1942), and everything was going well except for one thing, I realized my game is laggy as ****. I have some experience in OOP, but I have no experience in C++, or in game developing. This means, that I wrote the code based on my experience with another languages (such as C, python, java). I cannot find the lag sources (I know my code is pretty noob as, if somebody is willing to help me, will see).

Here is the project (with all sources I am using) (It is not a very long code, since it is a short project)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uout2grhqu1ow8n/Juego_Base%20-%20copia.rar?dl=0

Any suggestion is welcome.

Best Regards
SDL 1.3 isn't even stable (lol, where did you even find the download?). Move to SDL2.
Ohh, but that would mean that I will need to make everything from scratch? :O. When I realized there was SDL2, it was too late. I will think on moving to that one, thanks for the response.
After the port, if you're still having issues, post them here. I didn't actually take a look at your source code.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.