Visual Studio 2012 C++ program hanging/freezing

I have a visual studio 2012 C++ program that is hanging when I assign the SelectedIndex for a drop down list. The strange part is that it only happens to certain users. Each user is running the same version of Windows 7, but when tested on other computers running that, the program works fine. A previous version of the program also works fine for everyone, even though the line of code controlling the SelectedIndex has not changed. I can't figure out why this is happening. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this?
Does it only happen to certain users? Or do you mean that it only happens on certain machines? The two things are very different. With the later, the first thing that I would check is the make sure that your application is linking to the same version of the CRT. The first one would be more tricky, maybe verify that the users experiencing the issue are in the appropriate security groups?
What I have always noticed is that intermittent problems such as that are the worst, and are due to memory corruption somewhere. The reason they are intermittent is that they depend to a large extent on how memory is loaded, and that varies from machine to machine and memory usage at the time. I use pointers a lot in my work and I start searching for pointer errors.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.