window form html page

I’ve written a program as a C++ console application. It does stock market analysis and runs in two phases. The first phase creates a market snapshot on a historical date and will remain as a batch application. The second phase does the analysis of the market and creates an intranet website on my local disk so I can examine the results. This is the phase I want to re-write as a window’s form application, but even though I have over 40 years of programming experience, almost none of it has been in the creation of form applications, just batch processing!

My idea is to create the requested HTML pages one at a time and somehow display them in the window form without ever writing them to disk. I do not want to run web server software on my PC, but I do want to display the HTML, including the use of CSS and JavaScript, and have the ability to recognize and process requested URLs when the user clicks on a link. Of course, each requested URL will run my personal code to create the requested HTML page.

Is this even possible to do? If so, can you point me in the right direction, maybe to an on-line tutorial or two!

Thanks

PS: A quick overview of the application is available at www.papageek.com/Investing.pdf
You could use Qt framework to write a GUI program: http://qt-project.org/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.