Creating cmd scripts to open certain directories within c:\

everytime I try to create a shortcut to my desktop for my c:\adb directory. It end's up creating folder icons instead of the cmd window inon.....Im not sure if I am wording this correctly or not, but to further explain:

I want to create a shortcut directly to c:\adb\platform-tools instead of creating a shortcut that opens the whole adb folder....

Is there a way to create such a thing with dev-c++ ? How could I if there is a way ?

I use platform-tools quite frequently as a shortcut to fastboot cmd's, so taking out the one step of opening my shortcut on my desktop to c:\ directory then having to change the directory to c:\adb\platform-tools it would be create to include just a single cmd window my desktop....

Any help would be appreciated

Im also having a hard time with .bat files (either Im not writing the write syntax or what's going on) any help with creating .bat files would be awesome....( maybe someone has some good links I haven't found yet)....
Make a bat file:
cd c:\adb\platform-tools
The behavior of the command line window, specifically whether it remains open or not after a batch file executes, is a preference. In the interest of completeness you'll want:
cmd /k cd c:\adb\platform-tools
This will ensure that the opening window remains open after the 'cd' command is executed.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.