Where to go next?

Hello everyone, I've recently completed the introductory courses for computer science. Starting next week I will be taking a summer class on OOP which will most likely be the last computer science I will take at the university. I will have lots of time during this summer so I want to get something going along with my OOP class but I am not sure what topic I should study. My goal is to get good at programming in windows, for one I want to move away from console applications and use actual GUIs. I also want to learn a few scripting languages. I know c++ except objects for now, and the OOP class will be done in Java. I also know the basics of classes, like making a class, constructors, destructors, methods, some basic inheritance stuff etc. I will be programming in visual studios wherever possible. Could anyone tell me what the next logical step for me would be? Should I start learning lua or javasrcipt, should I learn how to use the MFC library, should I learn visual basic, or should I go into windows 8 app development? Also if you know of a good resource teaching this stuff please tell me. I can find concepts everywhere on the internet, what I am more interested in are practice problems.
Well for now you should stick with the language. Learn OOP use online tutorials or books and try to do things without visual studio using an editor and a compiler. OOP is c++ is different from java and so I recommend you to learn OOP use this book.
python.cs.southern.edu/cppbook/progcpp.pdf.

Its new and free.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.