Hooking directx and changing resolution

I'm trying to set resolution of an application and set windowed mode to true. I found a visual studio project which included all d3d9.h functions and it was creating a d3d9.dll when you compiled it. But changing D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS didn't work out also i noticed that fullscreen and resolution was already being set before application reached CreateDevice. How should i approach this ?
Anyone ?
Look at this:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/2-ways-force-directx-applications-launch-windowed-fullscreen-windows/

Haven't tried them myself but looking at these will surely help
Thanks for the answer. But what i need is to either embed required code into my game launcher or create a modified dll so that other people won't have to do that manually themselves.
well, i was hoping you would find setwindowlong and setwindowpos
Yeah i can make it windowed but the resolution stays the same. I was abled to change resolution of desktop too using DEVMODE but it messes lots of stuff like color profiles,etc.
Normally windowed games use the current desktop resolution. At least the one's I've played have. Why exactly do you want to change the resolution?
Well I was abled to achieve a playable windowed mode. But since I'm adding an additional border mouse coordinates doesn't respond properly. With 1024x768 it doesn't effect too much but with 1280x1024 it's very noticable. As for resolution, I'd like to have it 1920x1080(or rather the highest resolution possible). But changing the resolution doesn't seem to be possible without being able modify directx functions.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.