Create or extend MFC???

Hello guys,

I am using the framework MFC in a project and i receive a new challenge: make a new Log generator.

So i think two possibles ways to follow.

1) Re-write all commands in the system to use a new lib of log generator.
2) Re-compile the framework MFC to write in the log file when he create a event.

That momment i came here to request your opinions on the second option.

Have you seen a company or someone create (download the source code from MFC, change e re-compile) or extend the funcionalities from MFC????

I need a direction, where/how should i start????

Regards, Emanuel Moraes
make a new Log generator.
Can you explain what you mean please as I don't know what that means.
Log generator means Log report.

I has been encharged to create a new Log report, the company has one but it is awful.

So a i pretend to create a 'Log Generator' with more information, consequently a better Log Report.
Ok, I still don't know what this thing is but it sounds like an application feature that you have to implement.

What kinds of commands would need to be changed to implement this feature?

Why do you think that recompiling MFC is a solution?
I pretend to implement all userĀ“s command (click, enter key, ...).

I do not know if recompiling MFC is a solution. I would like to know if it is possible. Consequently i will create a proper framework based on MFC.
Is he talking about an output log, i.e., a text file thingie that gets text strings containing the values of variables written to it as a program runs various algorithms, and/or other such internal data?
Exactly
Well, you certainly don't need to rewrite or recompile MFC for that. In fact, you don't even need MFC for that at all. You can do that in a "Hello, World!" console mode program. All you need to do is open a text file and write output statements to it, same as you would write to a console screen.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.